“Arggg i miss this place...for sushi!!”

Sasaki Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #1,248 of 8,183 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
bangkok
“Arggg i miss this place...for sushi!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Although i heard this place is still not as popular as another place "YET" (if from my friend's ranking it would be the second from his rank, but its cheaper and great food, very close to his "number one" [[i didn't have chance to try his number one yet, so far this place is my sushi no. 1 in Houston]]

Sushi selections are very good, especially eel sushi (i don't know sushi name in japanese)- i was impressed they have both sea eel and fresh water eel ( i like sea, but mostly i found only fresh water), sweet shrimp sushi is my friend's favorite here (but i don't like, guess its good for ppl who likes). Usually i hate sweet egg sushi but this place made it so good that i could eat!! so imagine for whom loving sweet egg sushi!!

soup and other menu is very good too, one of the best japanese food i tried.
All menu is fresh.

• Visited August 2013

Houston, Texas
“Not sure if we ordered the right stuff...”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The place is pretty authentic since most of the people there were Japanese. Maybe we just didn't know how to order but I wasn't too impressed. I had gotten the ramen but it's nothing like tonkatsu and the texture of the noodles remind of instant yakisoba. I felt like it's something I can make at home myself. I got one thin piece of pork, a few pieces of bamboo (which didn't taste that great), and then half a boiled egg. All in all, not impressed. Hubby got the teriyaki chicken dinner set. I thought the chicken was really dry and salty. My favorite part of his dinner set was the potato salad. We also ordered the spicy salmon roll and the spider roll. The spicy salmon roll was pretty good but I wasn't impressed by the spider...the size was small and I don't think they really know how to make Americanized sushi rolls. Probably won't be eating here again especially since it's a pretty long drive for us.

• Visited April 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“super authentic Japanese food”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Weve been twice. Best sushi in Houston. Very authentic food and atmosphere. Great menu selection. Prices not terribly high. Service not bad, but like the few real Japanese mom and pop restaurants in Houston, kind of slow because not enough staff to keep up with demand even on off days/hours. Well worth going to but dont be in a hurry.

• Visited December 2012
Houston
“Im surprised that not a lot of people knows this place”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have been to Sasaki several times now. It was a recommendation from a friend. I love sushi but not really big into sashimi's until I came to this place. OMG, the salson and tuna tasted soooo good. I wonder where their fish comes from coz it doesnt taste fishy at all. The sushi's and sashimi has the best quality. The design of the restaurant is very simple, which I prefer, because they focus more on the food. The personnel are very friendly and service is very good.

I keep coming back to this place and its my favorite sushi place yet!

• Visited June 2012
Houston, Texas
“a hidden gem worth the trip and extra cost”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Exterior doesn't look like much, but this is a far cry from the Chinese-run sushi joints that abound. If you want cheap, over-sized nigiri and funky rolls, look elsewhere. You'll pay a bit more at Sasaki, but the sushi is consistently of high quality, and the cooked dishes (gindara, tempura, udon) are excellent as well. Service can be slow during extremely busy periods.

• Visited May 2012