“Im surprised that not a lot of people knows this place”

Sasaki Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #2,644 of 8,399 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have been to Sasaki several times now. It was a recommendation from a friend. I love sushi but not really big into sashimi's until I came to this place. OMG, the salson and tuna tasted soooo good. I wonder where their fish comes from coz it doesnt taste fishy at all. The sushi's and sashimi has the best quality. The design of the restaurant is very simple, which I prefer, because they focus more on the food. The personnel are very friendly and service is very good.

I keep coming back to this place and its my favorite sushi place yet!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Exterior doesn't look like much, but this is a far cry from the Chinese-run sushi joints that abound. If you want cheap, over-sized nigiri and funky rolls, look elsewhere. You'll pay a bit more at Sasaki, but the sushi is consistently of high quality, and the cooked dishes (gindara, tempura, udon) are excellent as well. Service can be slow during extremely busy periods.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Went there with friends who drive all the way from Corpus Christi to eat there regularly. They say it's the best japanese restaurant in Houston. We were a party of six and were treated extremely friendly. Our dishes were prepared fresh right at our table. The sushi as well as the cooked food were excellent and outstandingly tasteful. Would recommend the restaurant to my friends.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 28, 2008

This is my favorite Japanese restaurant in Houston...my only LOVE

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 6, 2007

Great place for authentic traditional Japanese food. Best for Kaiseki and Battera!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook