“Classic Italian done well in a causal setting”

Cavatore Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cavatore Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #442 of 8,601 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Greater Heights
Cross street: T.C. Jester
Reviewed July 31, 2016

I stopped here because the parking lot is always crowded in the evenings. I was not disappointed. Their marinara sauce is fantastic, so I am sure all of their pasta dishes are tasty. I had a side of penne pasta with the marinara. So simple, but very nice. I had the chicken rollatini, which was stuffed with cheese and spinach. The sauce was light brown in color and bursting with flavor. Wow! My mom had the shrimp scampi type dish. The angel hair pasta was velvety, the shrimp was fresh and the sauce was light lemony and garlicky. The table next us got the cesar salad made tableside. They do have pizzas, traditional Italian pastas, seafood, chicken, veal, beef. I will definitely stop by again!

1  Thank bbbuttercup

Reviewed July 12, 2016 via mobile

This place has been here since my childhood, I recall eating here on special occasions and loved the pianist on weekends.
The food here is certainly top notch and the decor is very welcoming, sadly many newer restaurants do not have as much flavor in both respects.
I always start my meal off with a side or two of Escargot, Mozzarella & Tomato, & Stuffed Mushrooms, the Escargot is my favorite of the 3.
Sometime we also get the table-side Ceasar & is the best version I've had, the preparation is great and you could easily make it at home for family.
Lastly, we get the Cavatore Margherita pizza, as a main course, what a great item to share. Eat life and Enjoy!

1  Thank T. E
Reviewed June 17, 2016

Incredible Fettuccine Carbonara. Also love the house Chianti. The service is excellent. Family owned and operated. True Italians you will feel the love as soon as you walk in.

1  Thank Gregory C
Reviewed May 11, 2016 via mobile

I had greatly anticipated a bowl of Italian soup called stracciatella, since I had noticed it on the menu when I was scouting out the restaurant online. I ordered the stracciatella and received a bowl of soup that was definitely not stracciatella. No even close. But the waiter insisted that it was.

The ambience was very nice and the service was good as was the house chianti. We shared the veal cannelloni and were not impressed. However the garlic bread was very good.

All in all just an average dining experience. We will not return.

Reviewed April 25, 2016 via mobile

Red sauce hearty and flavorful. Seafood Pasta dishes super. 50% Off Wine Monday's super! Piano every evening!!! Dessert options plentiful. If you like traditional Cannoli only, the amaretto Cannoli might be too rich. Remember! Great Italian food is not cheap. And cheap Italian food does not come great. Thanks to staff for great visits.

1  Thank gregoryj287