“Very good Greek”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The Pappas family of fine foods sticks close to home in this Greek restaurant. A mix of business and family clientele in a cozy atmosphere. My seafood slouvaki skewer was tangy and delicious with fresh seafood and vegetables. My wife's rotisserie chicken was a moist and well-seasoned generously sized half chicken with mashed potatoes. A little too much dressing on the salad, but overall a pleasurable dining experience.

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't sure I'd enjoy Greek food and I let my waitress know I wasn't accustom to this style of food. She made some suggestions based in my likes and dislikes. Spartan Grill. Enough said. Amazingly tender lamb, steak, and sausage. I topped it off with a beer and a piece of baclava cheesecake. Yea, kiss your diet good bye with that one.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Menu was not diverse enough with options to combine several greek foods to try. Pastichio was not as good as Niko Niko's. Did not know that Greece made wine. Enjoyed the white house wine. We made a reservation on a friday night and were seated quickly.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We ventured in on a typical hot, humid Houston day and everything we ate was light, refreshing and delicious. Service was outstanding and the artichoke appetizer and the citrus salmon were filled with flavor without any heaviness. Of course, we strayed from our "light" menu by ordering the baklava cheesecake which was totally worth every bite! This will be a definite go to spot for every visit to Houston.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I am in this part of Houston often and find Yai Yai Mary's to always be great. Food is always tasty and I dont find the prices to be out of line. Parking in their lot can be a challenge but there is a large garage next to the restaurant.