“Out of all the Pappa's chain restaurants, This one is the best”

Yia Yia Mary's Greek Kitchen
Ranked #51 of 8,448 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have only seen one of these restaurants as opposed to the other chain Pappa's food places. I love the greek Food here. Ambiance is nice, price is good, and the food Is Wonderful.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I were no a couple getaway and she said she wanted to eat greek food. I had never gone to a greek restaurant but she is a conoisseur so I just looked up the closest greek restaurant and Yia Yia appeared. It was a great thing! The food, the ambience, the attention and of course end your meal with great homemade ice cream. Order the appetizer sampler and you won´t be disappointed as a starter.
Please do adventure and try new cuisine, try greek and try this restaurant

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

It was very busy. Its very noisy because of the one room design. But any way. Food was ok. I was surprised about the gyros. I am from europe and I really like gyros. I have been many times in greece. What they serve as gyros is something else.

The lemon potatos were dry and tastless.
Overall just 3 points from me. Nothing I would recommend or dissuade.

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Not fantastic but not bad either.
I had lamb and it was really nice. Very good seasoning. Husband went for suflaki and was really disappointed. His meat was dry, lemon potatoes overcooked and we could not taste any lemon.
Service was very fast.... Too fast for our liking.
Due to the service and the atmosphere we felt like being in a beer-tent in germany and not in Greece.
Overall too pricy for what you get but as another reviewer already stated: it's ok to go there for a chance.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Not my favorite Greek restaurant and we love Greek food. i think the appetizer assortment is seriously lacking. The decor isn't very Greek. The dishes are somewhat bland and we find the service lacking. It's close to home so we'll do lunch there when we're in a pinch for time but we would not go out of our way to dine there.