“Good French style bistrot food for a quick bite”
Review of La Madeleine French Bakery - CLOSED

La Madeleine French Bakery
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Good standard French bistrot food. The croque messieur is excellent, the tomato soup very nice. There's always French bread (white and cereals) available to go with you meal.
I don't like the salad dressing much, so I always get my Spinash salad without dressing.
Be aware that it is not the cheapest place to have a quick bite.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

They used to be a very good place to eat cheap semi-French food. Last time I went to the store, the woman working at bakery counter use "bare" hands to transfer the cakes from the baking container to the display frig. That tells me something was not right in that place.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Not everything is for everyone. My personal tastes were not suited for La Madeline. They charge a premium price for bland, boring food. I have had better French food at a high school fundraiser.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I can get insulted by a waiter anywhere in Houston. I shouldn't have to pay for the privilege in a pretentious little "bakery". Seriously.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Great selection and when paired with the restuarant a great place. Of course you aren't in Paris, but then . . French selection of delights never fails, It is good for moi.