“Excellent ”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Greater Heights
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

The food was great! Went with a friend and had a great time. Everything was great from the chips&salsa, entrees to the margaritas. If I ever get down to Houston again, would definitely return.

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

My family has been coming here for years. The green salsa is my favorite hands down and their fajitas, enchiladas are all delicious - never had a bad meal. Tortillas are delicious & you won't be let down by a gold margarita!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Can't go wrong if you want good food, reasonable prices.
Breakfast served daily is one that will 'stick to your ribs'! Comes in 2 sizes...$5 and $7...served till 11 daily and til 1PM Sundays. Eggs, any style...with beans, potatoes and with the large one, add a tamale and choice of meat. Yummmmm...
The Shrimp soup, with chucks of carrot, potato in a delicious broth is a winner...again in two sizes. Have had this with friends from NY, New Orleans, Honduras, Austin, etc., some claim it is worthy of 5 stars. Order the large size only if you can handle tureen sized meal!

1  Thank RichAlva
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We flew in to Houston en route to Louisiana and decided to stay overnight last minute. We stayed at the SleepInn and wanted to eat somewhere close by. This restaurant was right around the corner. They closed at 10 pm and it was a little after 8 pm on a Tuesday night. Service was fast and friendly. I had a beer-rita with a Dos XX, my fiancé had a Shiner. I had the enchiladas verdes with shredded chicken instead of grilled chicken and he had the shrimp quesadillas. Both were delicious! We also started with fresh chips n' salsa - a warm red salsa and a chilled green salsa. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. We would have stayed for the flan but it was getting late and we were full.

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

This place is definitely my favorite Tex Mex in the Heights. Very authentic. Not so gringo. I love the grilled fish dish. It comes with garlic sauce that I love. It is a great place for families. Enough action to be good people watching too. This is my go to Mexican. My husband loves the beef fajitas and it never disappoints.