“A little salty for my taste”

Teotihuacan Mexican Cafe
Ranked #143 of 8,243 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Greater Heights
Houston
“A little salty for my taste”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Little disappointed. Maybe ill go back to try other didsh.

Has cool patio, service was okay and the grilled quial i ordered is a little too salty for my taste. I like La Tapatia's grilled quial

• Visited April 2013

Houston
“andor says: Great local flair and fantastic fresh and affordable Tex-Mex!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Let me start by saying the only problem with this restaurant is that they serve you SO MUCH DELICIOUS food...you really don't want to leave any on your plate.

Great customer service, fantastic selection of food...there is something for everybody. All love "La Chely" but have practically tried most dishes on their menu, with no issues. Their guacamole is so fresh and their fajitas are a killer (in a good way).

You actually feel you're down in Mexico vacationing, specially if you seat outside.

I did not forget....they have awesome margaritas as well.

All of this with great prices!!!
It is my number 1!

• Visited February 2013
Gatesville, Texas
“Good Mexican Food”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We visit this restaurant every time we are in Houston. We have friends that live nearby, and they shared this gem with us. The atmosphere is very good, certainly family friendly, pleasant, and inviting. The staff is friendly and attentive. The food is good, the margaritas are good too. Parking can be a little challenging, but there is more space at the back of the restaurant. I love the enchiladas here, but everything we have tried is good. I do recommend this restaurant if you are in the area.

• Visited September 2012
Austin, TX
“Tasty Tex-Mex - Good Prices”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The salsa, both the red and green are sooo good. I had the carnita puerco. I get carnitas everywhere and these were excellent. Great margaritas and tres leches for dessert. I accidently left my iphone at the restaurant. Although they closed at 10pm, the manager waited around for me to come back and pick it up - upstanding staff and management.

• Visited August 2012
Livingston, Texas
“#1 on my Mexican food list”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I've only eaten here at lunchtime during the business week, so I've yet to experience a weekend meal here with the wife and friends. But the food and service are superb. It's a fairly large place inside, but service is very fast. I would like to tell you all the different things I've tried, but to be honest, I order the "Mar y Tierra" (Surf and Turf) every time. Large grilled shrimp and a nice carne asada. Comes with so much food that I'm hurting when I leave. It cries out for two or three Tecate's, but I have to go back to work. The more times I've eaten here over the years, the more I'm convinced that it's my favorite Mexican food restaurant in the Houston area.

• Visited July 2012