“Excellent Mexican foord!”

Irma's Southwest Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Irma's Southwest Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #128 of 8,183 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Houston
“Excellent Mexican foord!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I thought I knew most of the wonderful Mexican restaurants in Houston...but then I went to Irma's this week! No menu, just great waiters who rattle off the entire menu to us, as we received warm salsa and warm fresh chips. The food is delicious! The service is great, and I think the street parking at the meters seems available. Can't wait to return!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank LBHouston11

Tomball, Texas, United States
“Always great food and excellent service”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is a regular place for me and my co-workers in downtown Houston, across from Minutemaid Park. The owner Louis is always there working hard and always makes a point to try to visit with all the guests. The wait staff is excellent (many are Louis's family members), very knowledgeable and efficient. They have no menu just daily specials, which are all excellent! I highly recommend Irma's SW Grill as it is my favorite Mexican food restaurant... and I am a professional!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Roger W
montgomery alabama
“Superb”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

One block from Astros stadium on texas street. We were promptly greeted by our waitress and seated. There are no menus so she quoted what was available. The margaritas were wonderful, obviously made with top shelf tequila. The chile rellenos were the best I have ever tried, and the con leche cake was wonderful. This is a family owned restaurant. It was recommended by someone we met in college station who insisted we try irmas. We weren't disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Probably my favorite Tex-Mex of EVER !!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Service is personalized & friendly and the good is OUTSTANDING! The grilled chile relleno is unique and fresh-tasting, and the guacamole is as good as home-made! I only wish they were open EVERY night for dinner (rather than just on "game days")!

• Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas
“Fabulous food!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Hidden away right by the baseball stadium, this restaurant was a great find! Tony, the owner, was a wonderful host. The food was authentic, homemade, and bursting with flavor. There is no menu, so you better know what you want. It's like going to your mom's house and she ask, "So what do you want me to cook for dinner?" The atmosphere is like a dive-bar/dive-restaurant, but it's funky and cool. We will definitely return.

• Visited August 2013