“Gross - Don't eat here!”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,588 of 8,398 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between Clay & Polk
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We were a party of 6 and wanted to sit in the bar area because we were only getting sushi, onion soup and chicken fried rice. They seemed aggravated that we would not sit in the big dining area although it was 1pm on a Saturday and they were not busy. Our sushi did not taste fresh and was discolored. The chicken fried rice was cold and tasted horrible. And the onions in the soup were hard and tasted stale. I put the ginger sauce on my chicken fried rice and their sauce tasted stale and was gross! While we were waiting for our check we watched a roach crawl up the window on the inside, right behind us. We will never go there again!

1  Thank Michelle M

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I sat there and watched a chef sneeze straight in my drink then she said her germs added extra flavor. Now my son thinks it's okay to sneeze on food.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great Food and Drinks!! WE had a nice couple that sat next to us and made the evening that much more enjoyable! Bday ice cream and picture! :)

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We visited Benihana while traveling to Houston for our anniversary. We needed a pre-anniversary dinner and a friend recommended Hibatchi at Benihana. The food was delicious and the food show and Valencia was entertaining! Will definitely revisit. Also, when we told them it was our anniversary weekend, they took our picture, printed and gave us a free copy in a little paper frame! Pleasant surprise!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went here 2x in last week. First time I just had Sushi. All fresh ingredients, very good taste. Sevice ok. Menu has many choices. Prices are reasonable. I also had some Japanese rice, which I did not like so much.

Second time I had a combination of sushi, sashimi, and spicy fish soup. Which was a very good combination. Lucky me I entered the restaurant during Happy Hour, so all food for 50% off.

Good choice, and I would go again.