“Average Pizza and Italian Restaurant”
Review of Collina's Italian Cafe - CLOSED

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: University Place
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We ate there with a group of eight. The place was crowded and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. My wife had pasta and I had a pizza. Wine was available by the glass and you were alllowed to bring your own bottle. I found the food to be average for this type of establishment. The service was not very good as they seemed understaffed for the crowd they had. I ordered a second glass of wine and it never came - at least it wasn't on the bill. They charged us a mandatory 18% tip because of the group size. This is not a bad place but you can do much better than this in Houston for Italian restaurants.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

A frequent visitor, this time I ordered Snapper Picatta. It did not taste like snapper, and when I complained, the "manager" showed me in a "in your face" manner the invoice, showing they bought "bay snapper" at 4.99 a pound from H&H. Real snapper should cost more, so I checked with a fish store, and verified it in the web that "bay snapper" is a fancy name for a cheap fish called sheepshead, the same used for making fish sticks for fast food chains.
Will I go back to Collina's on Richmond? Maybe. Will I order fish there? Never.

Reviewed August 21, 2008

Great pizza, decent italian meals, and pleasant atmosphere with the Tuscan murals on the walls. Great outdoor seating too.

Reviewed March 29, 2008

Love it You Can Bring your Dog with you when u Eat

Reviewed January 11, 2008

You're better off going to Fred's.