“Do not even try it! I did and I regretted it.”

Vietopia Vietnamese Cuisine
Ranked #813 of 8,359 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Vietnamese, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This restaurant smelled stale to me. I should have trusted my nose and left immediately. I ordered from the lunch menu and the soup was like hot water. No flavor at all. The chicken as my main course had been fried and obviously warned because it was dry and hard. My daughter and I took a few bites and asked for the check. The only good thing is they are located next to a yummy gelato shop!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I've been to this restaurant about 5 times now. The food never disappoints. It is Vietnamese fusion, though you will find the traditional pho and dry noodle dishes. The prices are decent. It's not quite a bargain but they are reasonable and the portions are a good size. Service is good. I've never had to wait more than 3 mins if at all for a table during lunch but I do get there before noon. This is a good place for a business lunch as you can converse without yelling. I'd say get there by 11:30am as the lunch crowd probably starts at noon. It is located in a strip mall with a shopping center and a great Italian gelato shop next door. Parking is free and easy (usually). The main highway is 59S and it can be a pain because there is currently construction going on in that area and also by the stripmall so you may want to factor in some extra time. I would not say the food is memorable as I can't remember anything I ate. But it is good, it was delicious when I ate it and I enjoyed the atmosphere. Very relaxed.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

The place serves some pretty good Vietnamese food, however if you are looking for the "authentic" hole in the wall experience I would suggest that you look elsewhere. This is a great place with a huge menu, and some of the items on the menu are really delectable. The pho's are really good but if you want to venture out of the Vietnamese comfort zone and try something else I would suggest the Bo Luc Lac, which are chunks of beef served with a tangy sauce which eaten with the side of rice is really something. Overall, if you work in the area and you are searching for not your run of the mill lunch options, this place should be part of your restaurant repertoire.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 31, 2008

not very authentic but tasty

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook