“Definitely a good spot for some sushi and drinks.”
Review of Miyako - CLOSED

Miyako
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended to us, and I must say we really liked the food! Very good sushi and good drinks. Yes service is not all that great, I mean the waitress just took the order, brought our drinks. We had to wave for her to come so we could order more sushi... And then again look for her and call to get the check. But the food is definitely good and prices are good also. I will be going back.

There are newer reviews for Miyako

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Visited this restaurant on 5/13/2013 at noon. The parking lot was nearly empty and the restaurant had some people. Daughter ordered the sushi plate and I order a bento box. The waitress was very surly when we ordered our ice tea. She then deposited salad and soup for my meal. The sushi was delivered quite rapidly by a male attendant. Daughter was completely done with her sushi and no meal for me. We finally waved the same male attendant over to ask about the box and he said he would check on it. Daughter then ordered some salmon sushi which was delivered again very soon. The box was then delivered. The waitress did not check on us once. Other diners came and went. When we wanted to leave, there had not been a bill deposited on our table. So, we walked to the front of the restaurant to pay. The waitress was not friendly even when we paid by the door.

The food was good, however, this type of service means that I will not be going back. Didn't want to leave a tip, however my daughter did.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

They have great sushi at a reasonable price during their reverse happy hour. The drinks are also good. My only gripe is that sometimes my servers have not been the best, most of the female servers are great though.

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

The food is priced fairly high. Horribly slow service. You have to ask about 3-4 other servers for the same thing before actually getting it. One server delivered the wrong sushi to our table. Then wanted go argue with my friend that it was hers. The food isn't bad but for the price... Not worth it.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Came here for the first time during Happy Hour on a Friday evening. I arrived right around 5 o clock, the restaurant filled up very fast after that.

The food was excellent, my waiter was really friendly and suggested some great things. Everything was fresh and tasted great, and the attentiveness of the staff was awesome. I will be back.