“Excellent”

Divino Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Divino Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #455 of 8,435 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Cross street: Woodhead
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is one of the best restaurants in Houston, and we have quite a few! The lasagna is the best I have ever had. Try the spinach and pear salad. The pastas are amazing. Had a delicious pinot grigio (from the Adriatic region - not sure of the name). Perfect experience. Great service, great atmosphere.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I've been here 3 times, and every visit left me satiated. The restaurant building looks small and unassuming, but the inside is nicely done. It's perfect for couples (quite intimate), friends, or families with older children.

Divinos has an impressive wine list. Some of the waiters are very knowledgeable regarding pairings. And now the food... Ahhh the food! I have many favorite entrees on the menu, but my absolute favorite is Emily's Goat Cheese Ravioli. It's delicious and yet, doesn't leave you miserable. I usually even have enough room to visit the chocolate bar across the street.
All in all, I love this place!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

My hubby and I made a last minute reservation for this restaurant and we were very happy with our meal. We were warmly greeted at the door and quickly shown to a table in the main dining area. Our server was friendly, although a bit slow and seemingly a tad disorganized. However, he was very nice so it made up for it. I ordered the tagliatelli with meat sauce and my husband decided to try the fish special. The wine list had a good selection and the prices were very reasonable. I ordered a glass of Sangiovese that was delicious and under $10 a glass.

Our meals were very good. My hubby didn't even look up from his fish until it was gone. My portion of pasta was large and filling. We were so stuffed, yet we managed to find room for gelato.

All in all, we were very satisfied with our meal and the experience.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I can't believe it took me so many years to find this little gem of an Italian restaurant in Houston. For those of you that enjoy the ambiance of a small, cottage restaurant, this is perfect. Quiet, casual ambiance, and excellent service. I visited on a week day evening, just before I was scheduled to leave for vacation in Italy, so my expectations were high for great Italian food and yet I didn't want the typical giant American portion of it. I was delighted to find that most of their entrees on the dinner menu are also available in lunch size portions. It was perfect and also allowed me to have room to sample one of their fabulous salads before the entree came. Now that I'm back from my exquisite Italian holiday, I can't wait to go back to Divino's. My taste buds are now spoiled by the "real thing" and I think Divino's may be one of the very few Italian restaurants in Houston that may be able to live up to my expectations. Looking forward to it!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Nice atmosphere, excellent service and the food is wonderful. Have been a couple of times already and cannot wait to go back and continue trying the different dishes on the menu. Very good selection of wine as well. You can tell the owners are there at all times making sure everything works in order and smooth.

1  Thank Oswelia T