“Wish they were here!”
Review of Hugo's

Hugo's
Ranked #14 of 8,378 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Mexican, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Totally agree with all others who said that food deserve 5 stars, everything, everything were just awesome, if you want to taste real Mexican food this is the right place,pity we had our dinner there only once, because I couldn't decide what to have, everything sounded so interesting
And the best cocktail I've ever had was there, their raspberry Mojito is so so so good!
If you are in Houston you just must go there, and you won't be dissapointed

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Everything was fresh, delicious, and well-made. Excellent wine list. In Chicago, we'd have paid about three times as much for this quality of fine Mexican!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We popped in for what we thought would be a quick lunch. One look at the menu, and we settled in for the long haul. Gorgeous food, delicious cocktails, wonderful service. Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I must admit, I have not been to every restaurant in Houston but I have been to many and this is the best.
Upscale authentic Mexican food, absolutely delicious and very different from some of the more upscale restaurants in the city. Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

You will love the margaritas. And you'd be foolish not to try the mole. Had a fabulous butter lettuce salad with a cilantro dressing. I never order salad at a "Mexican" restaurant. I'm glad I did. And the dessert!!! We had them do a tray of ice cream, cake and chalupas. Amazing. Sweet and fresh.

So glad we ventured away from the convention center at the advice of a local. And while getting a cab back to the hotel was an ordeal, I would definitely return. I found the food delightful. The drinks solid and the price respectable.