“Wonderful coffee, cheese danish, and it goes on”

Croissant Brioche French Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #3 of 93 Bakeries in Houston
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: University Place
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful coffee, cheese danish, and it goes on”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I can't find a better cup of coffee in Houston if one orders the latte. It's deep and rich and served in a wonderful big cup. Served with one of the delicious danishes or a piece of freshly made quiche, or perhaps fresh bread and butter and jam...this is a simple breakfast at its best.

• Visited October 2013

Seabrook, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OMG”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Love all of their stuff . Haven't gotten anything I didn't like. Never been disappointed! The price and service were very friendly.

• Visited July 2013
Anna Maria Island, Florida
“A Real Neighborhood Find”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

While visiting in Houston I went with my hosts to breakfast every morning to this delightful Cafe. It is patronized largely by "regulars" who greet each other and exchange news while reading and sharing their daily newpapers. The bakery is excellent and one of the few places I have found 'miches' as well as baguettes, petits pains and 7 grain rolls. There are also quiches, sandwiches, etc. It is filled with patrons of all ages from the 90 year old "regular" to babes in arms. This is self service and the student staff is friendly and attentive. I will definitely return.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Stevie C
louisiana
“A taste of France”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This was our last day in Houston this trip and we decided to try this restaurant in Rice Village (p.s., we've had good luck with most restaurants in Rice Village). We arrived at a lucky time - The line was not out the door. We had two quiche, a large Latte and a palmier for me. I recommend it, but be advised it can get crowded on weekend mornings. There are some folks who just want to occupy a table endlessly, but most folks eat and leave in fairly rapid order. I was a little disappointed that a waiter scooped our dishes away as soon as we finished. But the waiting crowds probably didn't mind.

• Visited March 2012
Houston, Texas, USA
“Great Find!”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

My wife & I went on a Sat morning & were satisfied as expected.

There are not many seats & this small cafe can get packed quickly, so go early or mid morning to avoid heavy traffic.