“My Tamale Place”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was so sad when the location near me closed. I love this little cantina joint. I've been to several in the Houston area. As a vegetarian, this is one of the best Tex-Mex places to get full. I'm a big fan of corn, and they do corn a lot, from grilled corn to a corn and spinach tamale. I can't say I've ever had anything I didn't like here.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The food is incredible. The fish tacos and tamales were superb.
Paige was a delight. Was very nice to this out-of-towner and gave great directions to my next stop.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Very good food for a chain. We live close to the Post Oak / San Felipe locatioon. A great get-in get-out place for lunch or dinner. Do not miss the fish tacos.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Hands down the best fish tacos in town! Lunch specials are a good value. Multiple locations offer many options in town. Service is always good, friendly staff, and a good value.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Berryhiils is my standard for fish tacos, and other restaurants rarely meet it. The rish is grilled and perfectly seasoned. The sauce and slaw are the perfect complements. It's a great lunch, and there are weekly specials as well.