“Nice atmosphere”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: University Place
Reviewed March 4, 2018

We have eaten at The Raven Grill many times. It never disappoints. We brought a family member here for a nice lunch. The noise level is low and we were able to have a conversation, which is always nice. The service is great without being over done.
The food as always was very good. I had broiled trout served over a warm spinach salad. It was cooked to perfection.
My dessert was amazing. It was a fruit tart (black berry), which reminded me of something that I had had visiting in England.
It was a wonderful experience and we all promised each other we would be back soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

Great establishment with soothing ambiance and a comfortable vibe. The emphasis is on a small but broad-range menu. Nice wine list, too. A reservation is recommended. We went on the recommendation of a relative of the chef.

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

As the title states, the Raven Grill is the hidden treasure of Houston. It has an eclectic but not huge menu which will satisfy all members of your party. Brunch and the wine list are amazing as well!

Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

This long time neighborhood restaurant has always had good food and service. It can be hard to get a table at peak times- but if you call about 10 minutes before you get there- it help.

Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

Though the fare has a Texas influence it is NOT a Tex-Mex restaurant.

First impression was the ambience. It really did have a good vibe. They had a bar you could sit at or if you prefer tables for more formal dining you have that option.

In addition to a decent wine list they also serve a nice variety of Texan craft beers. I had a nice blonde ale while my girl friend enjoyed a sparkling rose.

We opted to order the variety sampler platter to experience their different takes on local foods. Normally I am not partial to crab cakes, but the southwest inspired one they had was very tasty. The tower of onions were good as was the quesadilla with veggies.
It also contained flautas and fried oysters. The tomatillo sauce was awesome.

For dinner we had the trout and the filet. I thought the trout was just right. We had ordered the steak medium rare but had to send it back. It was more rare than not. Otherwise the steak was delicious too.

I would definitely go back and try their pork chops. It was my preferred choice but I wanted something light.

Definitely a good place to visit.

PS the pico de gallo was very good too.