“Great Steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Raven Grill

Raven Grill
Ranked #345 of 8,142 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Neighborhood: University Place
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Great Steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Service was fine (although I tend to agree with teh Yelp reviewer who said the waiters needed to smile at least once, but the rib-eye and filet were delicious.

Visited March 2013

Houston, Texas
“I'd Give It A 2nd Shot...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I stopped at the Raven Grill for an early lunch before visiting the Museum of Fine Arts. I found the atmosphere to be nice and there is also a patio for outdoor dining. Our waitress was very friendly. I ordered the spicy southwestern shrimp Caesar ($13) and my husband ordered the Raven dinner, three chicken flautas topped with tomatillo sauce with herb rice and beans ($14). The food arrived quickly however, I must admit to being a bit disappointed with my salad - at first glance it was a huge salad but upon closer inspection it was really about 98% romaine lettuce; the menu showed a black bean/corn salsa, mesquite grilled shrimp, and a spicy Caesar dressing). Four shrimp, perhaps a tablespoon of the bean/corn salsa, and a slew of tortilla slivers...I just didn't see the value behind this dish. Also my spicy Caesar dressing was not spicy at all, and I'm not usually one who loves really hot dishes. On the other hand, my husbands flautas were delicious and not greasy at all, his herb rice was bland and the beans were nothing special though. I think I would give the Raven Grill a second chance but would order something different.

• Visited March 2013
Minnesota
“Delightful dining spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We were at the Texas Medical Center and looked around online for a non-chain restaurant nearby. This one sounded interesting and not over the top expensive. We were pleasantly surprised to be seated in a lovely outdoor covered patio with wonderful ambiance. The menu was diverse but after enjoying the fantastic tower of rings I just had a strawberry spinach salad. My husband had fish tacos and we finished off with a giant piece of carrot cake, half of which we took home. The food was all great, the service was pleasant and perfectly attentive and the whole experience couldn't have been better.

Katy, Texas
“Outstanding value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Been here 3 times, most recently yesterday. I find it an outstanding place. Nice wine list and great food. I have always stuck with their grilled offerings, which are many. They have a nice wood grill. They take reservations, which I recommend as it's a small dining room and quite crowded. Nice bar.

• Visited March 2013
Houston
“West U Local”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

The Raven is just a perfect little local. Very low key, very good food, attentive service, reasonable prices, indoor or outdoor dining. It's hard to pin down why it's so likable - it just is. A regular stop for us going to and from the Med Center and the Museum District. Limited parking - go early or late.

Visited August 2012