“great food - long standing favorite” 5 of 5 bubbles

Katz's Deli and Bar
Ranked #312 of 8,115 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
greenville
“great food - long standing favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had matzoball soup for the first time and I may not be spoiled for life. It was amazing. Others had their huge sandwhiches.

You have to love any place that has a huge vat of pickles out for you to grab!

Visited May 2014

Malibu, California
“Greasy food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

The food was greasy and the server messed up our order….so I have nothing positive to say. I regret that we invested our one Houston meal at this establishment.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TEXAS
“Poorly run”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Had lunch on May 10, 2014. Waited for 15 minutes for a table which is okay. Staff was stressed too many customers not enough wait staff. Waited for water, beers and food. Asked the host when leaving what what is the problem today? He mentioned that it was graduation and mothers day weekend-management should had been prepared.

• Visited May 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
“Fatty Pastrami”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I love pastrami and I should have known better than to order it in Houston!! I thought since it was called Katz's maybe, somehow, I would magically be transported to the lower east side of NYC. Even the rye bread was gummy. The meat was fatty and greasy. After I opened the sandwich and cut the fat out I was able to enjoy the trimmed meat. My husband and friend enjoyed their meal so I gave them an average score. The interior of the restaurant was quite nice and our waiter was friendly. Next time I will order better!

Visited April 2014
Bayview, Texas, USA
“Best Deli in Houston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Katz's is one of our regular stops in the Montrose area. The food is superb and the service is too! The deserts are drop-dead-beautiful.

Visited March 2014