“YOu will love Katz's”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Open 24 hours as I recall, so try this deli if you are out and about late. Lots of authentic deli food and made with pride so I know you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Katz's is convenient to most center city and North Houston locations. This is simply good food and the desserts are high quality and texas sized. The service is exceptional.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Three of us stopped at Katz's for lunch. No recommendation, just a drive-by that looked appealing. Walking in, the Dr. Brown's Cel-Rey tonic in the cabinet and the cheesecake in the display seemed a good note. The menu was appealing, with everthing from potato latke to a chopped liver sandwich. The execution - food and service - left a lot to be desired. My corned beef could have come from an Oscar Meyer pre-packaged container at Kroger. Definitely not the thick sliced, juicy kind I'm used to from say Berghoff's in Chicago. A few onion rings shared by my friend were small and too easy to bite apart. The Caesar salad was good. Service was lackadaisical. Never got my side of mayo, and the waiter, instead of apologizing, blamed it on the kitchen. The sandwich had plenty of meat on tasty rye bread, just disappointing beef. Might try it again, but my hopes aren't up for a deli that can't do great corned beef.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Our son who attends Rice University took us here and we loved it! I got the 4 meat sandwich and my husband got the Ruben sandwich they were both great! You should try the fried pickles with ranch dressing they were very good! We will go back again

Reviewed January 7, 2013

You can go to Katz's Deli anytime and it will be good. Open 24 hours makes this a popular destination for the bar crowd so plan your trip accordingly. Our waiter was very friendly, very helpful, especially when I could not make up my mind and was stuck between several dishes. He was the best! I am not an expert on NYC style deli food but impressed nonetheless with the huge selections. Corned beef hash just doesn't sound like something I absolutely have to try but my husband did and my fork was in his plate quite often, will definitely order it next time! The servings are quite large and ended up with to go boxes but it made for great snacking later in the day.
Since this is a popular restaurant and if you want to visit with a large group, do the decent thing and call ahead. I hate when people spring a large party on a restaurant and then complain about the service. Call ahead with enough time for them to be prepared.