“Consistantly good”

Katz's Deli and Bar
Ranked #317 of 8,142 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, TX
“Consistantly good”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

You can go to Katz's Deli anytime and it will be good. Open 24 hours makes this a popular destination for the bar crowd so plan your trip accordingly. Our waiter was very friendly, very helpful, especially when I could not make up my mind and was stuck between several dishes. He was the best! I am not an expert on NYC style deli food but impressed nonetheless with the huge selections. Corned beef hash just doesn't sound like something I absolutely have to try but my husband did and my fork was in his plate quite often, will definitely order it next time! The servings are quite large and ended up with to go boxes but it made for great snacking later in the day.
Since this is a popular restaurant and if you want to visit with a large group, do the decent thing and call ahead. I hate when people spring a large party on a restaurant and then complain about the service. Call ahead with enough time for them to be prepared.

• Visited January 2013

Houston, Texas, United States
“Not great, but great.”
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Not the best in value or quality but its open 24hr... And given the options it's the BEST! After the bar it's a great place to go to. Service is horrible but you have to consider all the drunk people they deal with at these late hours.

Pearland, Texas
“Best Roast beef sandwich”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Talk about a sandwich this is the place to go, for dessert order a cheesecake milkshake it is to die for.

Visited July 2012
Houston, Texas
“Sunday Brunch with Friends”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great atmosphere to share a brunch with friends! My friends and I were seated upstairs which was nice and quiet, but still buzzed with chatter. I ordered the Eggs Linda because as soon as I saw it had a horseradish sauce, I had to try it. Unfortunately, I would've preferred that my horseradish sauce had that horseradish kick instead of all than all the sweetness, but oh well, it was still yummy. For my group, the Mimosas definitely needed to be stronger. Our waiter was great and we weren't rushed to leave and we appreciated that! I do wish it wasn't as pricey.

• Visited October 2012
“As Close To NY As Youll Find”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Enormous sandwiches,great pickles and soups and a NY state of mind atmosphere. I am a former New Yorker and this is my go to place in Houston or the Woodlands.

Visited October 2012