“One of the best”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Have gone here for many years and enjoy almost all the dishes. My favorite is the Happy Family lots of flavor with many vegetables and meat. We get an appetizer and share the meal, great value and great food have made this a Houston institution for decades.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

They offer several lunch specials and they come with soup, white or fried rice, egg role or crab puff. The egg rolls are huge, the crab puffs actually have crab meat and there are about 6 soups to choose from on the menu. Food was tasty and wait staff was attentive. I highly recommend this homey non mega chain resuarant if you are wanting some good Chinesee food. Lunch selections are numerous and around $8.00.

1  Thank Laura S
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Went to Ambassador on Chistmas eve after many years absence. Used to eat there or get take out two times a month for at least 15 years. Good dependable dishes at reasonable prices. Had same waittress as many years before. Wendy came by and said she remembered us, and I know we wanted to believe her. Overall a very good experience and we will return more often.

1  Thank Bob4646
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Lunch time in Houston, so we thought we would try Ambassador again after many years.
The first impression was of OLD carpet smell...not hard to miss. On to the food. Although the service was fine however, vegge dumplings were not up to minimun standard, and the main course was SOMETHING (chicken) in a very dark sauce which had no flavor and was not even close to spicy as ordered. and not nice to look at! The only thing I can complement was the hot and sour soup. We do not intend to go back, especially with so many good chinese restaurants in this city.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

One thing that amazes me is how well the owners know their clients. Wendy will stop and visit every table. To those she knows, she stops and catches up since the last close visit. Yes, most of us who end up there on a regular enough basis enjoy this.

And so, here we were, my wife and our friends, Nitin and Ami. The three of them ordered Hot and sour soup. I did the sizzling rice. The hot and sour is brought in a large bowl and the waitress distributes the soup. She gently pours the rice into my very hot soup. Everything crackles for some time.

Two orders of pan fried vegetable dumplings and one steamed. Wendy mixes us some soy sauce and the special ginger and red pepper sauce in a bowl. She pours some over each of our dumplings. We all love it.

Then we order one spicy eggplant and one vegetable manchurian. One vegetable fried rice, no eggs. The entrees are huge and delicious. We split the bill. $32 and change with gratuity is my half. And we take home leftovers.

Always a good experience. My wife forgot to pick up the leftovers which Wendy duly runs over to the car. Yes, Wendy. Goodbye and see you soon.