“Fantastic Prime Rib and great service”
Review of Houston's

Houston's
Ranked #57 of 8,695 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit to Houston's and I was very impressed. The bar scene is vibrant and fun but not too loud to interfere with a pleasant meal. The food from the in house made garlic ranch dressing to a top notch Prime Rib was worth a 5 star review. The meat was nicely seasoned with a nice salty crust and perfectly cooked, very tender and definitely a prime cut off beef. Served with a nice au jus and a creamy horseradish, this was an exceptional steak. The service was quick and attentive, overall an excellent meal and with the cost.

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

We needed a restaurant in West University near our hotel after driving down from Dallas. Had previously spotted Houston’s as it sits right on the corner of Kirby and Westpark so it was an easy choice. We were joined by our daughter in law who explained that this restaurant had long been a favorite in her family. On our part, we had driven past the Houston’s in Addison but never ventured in. Now, at long last Houston’s. We were seated reasonably quickly in spite of the unexpected large crowd on a late Sunday afternoon. The ambiance is appealing and comfortable and the service is outstanding. We shared the Spinach Dip as a starter and then moved on to the Ahi Tuna salad, Scottish Salmon, and the Crispy Chicken dish, all of which were delicious. As we dug into this wonderful repast it soon became apparent why there were so many diners on a late Sunday afternoon with the Texans still playing. Simply, this is a long running, family friendly, reliable restaurant that serves great food in a relaxing atmosphere. Don’t wait as long as we did to try it. You won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

I ate there last week on a business trip. I had the ribs on recommendation on business associate with French fries and two dips. The ribs were tender falling off the bones with enough fat for flavor but not too much, with sugar BBQ sauce. They were excellent.

Reviewed September 22, 2017

I've never seen a GM argue with a customer request the way I witnessed this evening. A simple request of slicing the roast beef thick instead of shaved went beyond the normal discussion to an argumentative discussion which made my wife and I leave and we were just sitting next to the poor guy that requested it. Kenichi Ozawa has no place being a GM of such a well established institution. Shame!!

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Although I have attended for years and the food is great- the service here is in decline and people are rude and disorganized, different waiters bringing different plates and poor manners- will no longer go there.