“Great on Mothers Day”

51fifteen Restaurant Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
51fifteen Restaurant Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #266 of 8,507 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Cross street: Located 2nd floor of Saks
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I took my wife to her favorite mall (Galleria Houston) and then took her to this place as a surprise. They had a special menu for the occasion and a live jazz band. You selected from a list in three courses. They had a dessert buffet. For this special day it worked out perfect. The food was very good and the portions were larger than expected. I would highly recommend making a day of it to visit the mall and then sit down to a delightful meal in a great place.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Located on the second floor of Saks Fifth Avenue, of course you would expect wonderful things. Great menu and perfect for a girls lunch while shopping at the Galleria.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

was staying at a hotel near the mall for business and ended up here for dinner. I found the food to be wonderful - wide range of choices and very good. Happy hour prices for house wine that was good.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I booked a birthday lunch for 15, had to change specifics several times, and was taken care of beautifully on every detail. Cassie and her team made my friend's special day ExTRA special for me with a "just right " prix fixe menu, our own bar, and the nice touch of lovely piano music from the main part of the restaurant.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

AWFUL!!! I can't stress that enough. Not just one thing- everything was a waste of time and money! I should have known it was going to be horrible when we went on a Saturday night and it was empty! Maybe one other table. The services was almost really bad. The waiter wouldn't look at anyone. Instead, he would talk to other people while we were trying to talk to him. He would take one drink order and leave. Then come back and take another drink order and leave.
Now for the food. Crap! I ordered the spring rolls as an appetizer. They were not spring rolls they were deep fried egg rolls. I've had better at my neighborhood Chinese restaurant, and those don't cost $10. It wasn't that good and not worth the price. Most of our entrees came out cold. Not luke warm, but cold. We sent it back, and not even knowing it was possible, the food came back worse. I got potato crusted fish and it was mushy, like baby-food. The sauce over the ravioli was a heavy cream sauce that seemed like ti came out of a jar. The ravioli tasted rubbery and to top it off the crab inside tasted VERY fishy. Clearly not fresh. They had been pre-made, frozen ravioli. DISGUSTING!! I couldn't eat it at all, and sent it back. The chef came out and apologized saying they got very buys in the kitchen. Excuse me?! There was one other table that had people! Even if it was very busy, I'm sure we have all been to restaurants that were packed and we still got good food that came out warm.
Then they had the audacity to CHARGE me for a meal I NEVER ate!!! I don't think so. Keep your sorry.
The long and short of it: horrible service and disgusting food. Don't waste your time or money.