“Fabulous Hideaway”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: McDuffie
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was keen to find somewhere incredibly special and romantic to celebrate a milestone event with my partner and despite knowing several Houston spots, none really had the ambiance I was after. Then I found Mockingbird. What a fabulous restaurant. Located in a residential area on a quiet street, Mockingbird has a wonderful warm and romantic feel with rich sexy colours and decor. The staff are attentive and professional and the food is some of the best I have had in Houston. We had the duck, rack of lamb and salmon. All perfect. The food was clearly good produce that is allowed to speak for itself!!

There are newer reviews for Mockingbird Bistro

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Went for happy hour where selected cocktails, wine and appetizers are only $5 with generous, delicious servings. As another reviewer stated the lobster risotto balls are a must and the wild mushroom with lamb pancetta (not a $5 choice) is also quite yummy. The Texas Provence decor is warm and inviting and the restaurant has extensive bar seating. Additionally, there is a small sidewalk patio that allows dogs. Would consider valet parking as the restaurant is located in a neighborhood with more driveways then parking spaces.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I don't have enough good words to say about Mockingbird. I've never had anything less than an exceptional dining experience here & their seasonal menus ensure that I don't fall into a trap of fixating on one item.

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Nice bistro style food. Creatively presented and very friendly and attentive service. Generous portions. Perfectly preoared medium rare steak.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I have had Mockingbird on our to-do list for a while so I decided to take him here for his birthday last week for happy hour. We had the best experience! Service was outstanding and the staff was very attentive to us. Of course, the food was delicious! The lobster risotto balls are a must try! To top the whole evening off, they gave him a dessert on the house w/ a birthday candle and all!