“Upper Scale Mexican Food”

Escalante's Mexican Grille
Ranked #753 of 8,359 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

My family and friends love Escalante's; it's one of our regular hangouts. My teenage daughter has rated their flour tortilla the best anywhere! My favorite are Pat's Mexico City salad with Shrimp, tortilla soup, fresh guacamole made table-side, Kopi's Greek salad with salmon, chicken nachos, polle verde tamales, and the flan is the best in Houston! Their chips and salsa are awesome. the salsa is fresh and inviting. Their margaritas are big and great addition to a night out as well. Their staff is friendly and go out of their way to help make your meal the best. We enjoy watching the tortillas being made as well. This restaurant is a keeper!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Was in the back room for a private gathering of girlfriends, The server (Aurturo) was inattentive, we had to get up and get him and flag him 8 times throughout the meal. the managers, hostess were all sitting at tables doing paperwork, and not running the place, even had to ask them for our drinks. Had it not been for the special occasion of my friend, I would have walked out. When the food came it was overcooked and tasted like it had been in the window for 30 mins, dried out and like shoe leather. Not to mention the seats are the most uncomfortable I've ever sat on it. Never again.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I absolutely love Escalante's. This was my fourth visit and this time I brought friends from the office, 20 to be exact. We had a great time eating great food with great customer service.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I'm very picky about fish tacos and I love the ones at Escalante's. They aren't breaded and you have a choice of corn, flour and whole wheat tortillas. The sides are also options so you don't have to have beans and rice unless that's your choice. Their guacamole is also delicious as are their many salads. There are always specials too.

It isn't the cheapest but hardly expensive either. Enjoy!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is probably my favorite chain Mexican restaurant and I go to Pappasitos often for work. They have the best white queso. I always get the beef enchiladas and they are yummy. I have never had service issues and also very reasonably priced.