“Unless you are HUNGRY share the main course.”

Maggiano's Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 8,287 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
“Unless you are HUNGRY share the main course.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I have visitors Maggianos sporadically over the course of 10 yrs. The past 45 days I have been twice, and it struck me that I have never had a bad meal. It can get crowded, but if you don't mind the crowd eat in the bar area. I personally think the service is better (definitely faster ). The standout starter for me is the crab cakes which are surprisingly good and a relative bargain for $13. I do not have a go to main course, but I have never been disappointed. The hardest part is agreeing with my gf on what to get. The main course is just too much for one person. The wine list is fair (not the bargain like the food). My only complaint is there are several sub 10 wines for over $40. As far as dessert they are good with the Chocolate Zotto cake a must for chocoholics. Overall it is a cant miss chain that is a bargain if you keep your winning under control.

Visited July 2013

Houston, Texas
“Lively, loud, good for groups”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We've eaten here a few times and the best were with various groups, either business or social. It's a big popular place with a crowded bar area and special event rooms upstairs. The food is usually good, not great, but still tasty with a wide variety of dishes to try. Service could be improved, as staff always seem too busy to pay attention to diners with direct eye contact, smiles, etc. They get the drinks and food out ok but don't seem to care whether the customers are having a pleasant experience.

• Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas, United States
“Very Good Italian Food!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Maggiano's Little Italy is a very nice and (what I would consider) "classic" place for great tasting Italian food. To be honest, I've eaten there on several occasions and not once have I ever had a bad dish (and I've eaten a lot of there dishes). This is a great place to bring friends, family, or a romantic date. You can't really go wrong with Maggiano's when it comes to food and service and on top of that, they're located in the Galleria area which is one of the nicest areas of Houston. I didn't give them 5 stars because there is one restaurant that I would rank above them and that's Sorrento's (located a little further east on Westheimer in the Montrose area) but Maggiano's is definitely a close second! Oh, my favorite dish is the "Chef KB's Lobster Carbonara", an absolute must if you like lobster, pasta, and Canadian bacon!

• Visited July 2012
Jackson, Wyoming
“Eat 'till you drop, it's all delicious”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you want great classic Italian food with Frank Sinatra music in the background this is the place. Lively bar for a drink while you wait (very popular place), then the grand dining room with high-ceilings (booths and tables, ask for a booth) and the Italian red and white you would expect. It's not fancy but it's nice comfortable and really, there are too many good options on the menu. We ate mozzarella marinara, ensalada caprese, and Caesar salad to start (that could have been our meal), then veal parmigiana and eggplant parmigiana with sides of spaghetti. The veal parmigiana could have served two or three people, but we did our best. Good wine list too. Can't wait to go back the next time we're in Houston.

Visited May 2013
Pflugerville, Texas
“Party of 25...”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had reservations for a large business group. When we arrived, our table was ready and they seated us right away. We ordered family style and had a variety of dishes for the different courses. The food was very good and I'd definitely recommend Maggiano's for any sort of informal get-together. I'd especially recommend the caprese salad, the zucchini fritte. We also had great desserts although most people only managed a bite or two - tiramisu and the cheesecake. The cheesecake was especially creamy! There was live music in an adjoining room and this contributed to the festive atmosphere; although, we were having so much fun that I didn't notice much going on around me.

• Visited May 2013