“Excellent food, excellent service, tables a little bit too close to each other.”

Da Marco Cucina E Vino
Reserve with OpenTable
Da Marco Cucina E Vino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #188 of 8,206 Restaurants in Houston
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Cross street: Ridgewood
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Got reservation for dinner with wife. Arrived on time, had to wait for about 10 minutes, reception was corteus but somehow too professional. Table was in a corner, so we had some additional privacy. Tables are very close to each other, so you can clearly hear conversations. Table service was great, professional and corteus. Selection of wines was very good, a little bit overpriced, but need to keep in mind that most of wines are italian. Antipasto was delicious(alfonsino carpaccio), main course was very good (daily special grouper). Desert was very good as well (rotolo pistacchio).Environment was a little bit noisy.

• Visited August 2012

Houston, Texas, United States
“save your money”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

for an italian this is sufficiently good food.. for the fatty fried average of Houston restaurant this is a good place. However the ambience is mummy-like and the managers looks like they are the stars of the night, whereas a more simple style would have been better and more genuine. However, this is the oil city so..this is how to behave...
If you think you are in an italian atmosphere you are wrong....

• Visited August 2012
“No problems, just excellent food served in European fashion”
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Unlike others, we didn't experience any rudeness or rushing at DaMarco, but my husband and I did have reservations on a busy Saturday night and were well dressed. We've spent a lot of time in fine restaurants across Europe, including Rome, and in our experience relying on the advice of a good waiterCaaba turn a great dining experience into a fabius one. This wax definitely the case at DaMarco. We told the waiter our basic plans and used his help to pick the perfect wine pairing and correct balance of antipasti and primi courses. All the food was excellent, but I have to make special note of the featured black truffle taglioni. It was incredible. The flavors of the fresh pasta, cheese and truffle slices, mixed at the table were fresh and delicate and melted in my mouth. I could have happily had this for dessert. Two things weren't perfect - desserts and privacy. The dessert was good, but not as good as the rest of the menu selections. The tables are very close together (also European style) so you don't get much privacy when it is busy. I got to learn a lot more about our table neighbors than I ever wanted to know or should know.

“Lied to and Disrespectful”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

My husband and I decided to eat out one Friday night, and decided to try Da Marco's. Thinking they might be full on a Friday night around 8pm, I called ahead to see if it would even be worth it to stop by. I was assured by the waitress that there was available seating and told her I was on my way.

We arrived no more than 10 minutes later, dropped our car at valet and went to the hostess. She immediately asked if we had reservations, and when we said no she said it was reservations only for the rest of the night. When I explained to her that I had just called and spoken to someone, she flat out denied it and said I called the wrong number. I went so far as to pull out my cell phone and verify that I had called Da Marco's, at which she still refused to believe anyone had told me that there was availability.

The entire time I dealt with her she was impolite, snotty, and condescending, which was completely unwarranted. No need for me to try their food I can get good Italian at many other restaurants in Houston while being treated much better than the staff at Da Marco's.

• Visited May 2012
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Turn that table!”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The food is always good here, presentation and plating is somewhat average and, typical of Houston, portions are simply too large for fine dining. Always amusing to be offered a "to go box" in a restaurant of this calibre. Waiter service was excellent as were the fine wine recommendations. Excellent Octopus primi and of course the famous black truffle rissoto. Duck ravioli delightful and lovely deserts, we had all four courses with wine for each but it was made very apparent that they wanted to turn our table even though we were still buying and drinking wine and food. We felt too uncomfortable to stay for coffee which frankly was disappointing. We do like Da Marcos, but don't like feeling rushed especially on a special occasion.

• Visited June 2012