“French Fast Food Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

La Madeleine French Bakery
Ranked #28 of 104 Bakeries in Houston
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: University Place
Houston, Texas
“French Fast Food Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good food at a good price quickly prepared or ready on the line. Free bread, butter and jams take the edge off while waiting. Great rich soups. Indoor and outdoor eating.

Visited December 2012

Vinterbro, Norway
“Wonderful atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

Went there because of all the good memories my wife has from this place in old times :-) She used to go here and eat the Strawberry Romanoff, and of course we had to have this as a desert after lunch.

The ordering system is quite confusing, I think, but we finally got all our food and drinks. During lunch time there were visitors from many corners of the world, and this place really has a French athmosphere! We loved having lunch here and watching all the other people while we had a good time eating our food.

The Strawberry Romanoff still is a family favourite, and we promise to come back the next time we are in Houston! Total price for the four of us was 50 USD before tip

• Visited October 2011
Houston, Texas
“Best pastries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

I love La Madeleine in the Rice Village! I've tried almost all of their pastries. Some of my favorites are the Sacher Torte, Tiramisu, and Strawberry Neapolitan cake. The soups and sandwiches are great for lunch. They used to have this amazing Mediterranean flatbread (almost like a pizza), but I don't think they serve it anymore. And the French Roast coffee is the best. I love coming here with friends, or even by myself. It's a good location for people watching, and on nice days, it's always fun to sit outside (but watch out for the pigeons)! The service is great. I think the same ladies have been working here for the past two years--I always see them, day or night. Sometimes I just fill up on the free bread and jam, and then get a pastry for dessert :) If you join their email list, you usually get a coupon for a free soup, salad or pastry once a month. I can't recommend this place highly enough!

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank xtinatravels
“If you want a nice chilled "coffee house...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2009

If you want a nice chilled "coffee house" atmosphere this is the place to go. I ordered the chicken caesar sandwhich which was awesome. I put a crossiant on my tray and a worker brought me a fresh one because he thought mine looked dry! Now that's sweet!
The Caesar dressing is amazing so pick some up to bring home!

The potatoe soup with cheddar cheese and bacon is a great appetizer!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Pleasant lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2009

I was pleasantly surprised to eat lunch here. Although it was nearly 2 PM, the place was packed. The food was absolutely delicious and very fresh. The prices were reasonable. The customer service was very friendly. Overall, I would recommend this for a delicious lunch. It reminds me of Panera.

• 3 of 5 bubbles