“Good Mexican food! ”

Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Heredia, Costa Rica
“Good Mexican food! ”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Me and family love this place ! They have good food and excellent service! The place is really clean! We go at list two times a month! I don't understand the bad reviews ! The place is excelent

Houston, Texas, USA
“Great Fish Tacos!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The atmosphere is really nice and kind of rustic. The waiters are very attentive. I don't really care for their salsa as it tastes like it has a lot of black pepper in it. I do like the fact that they bring homemade chips, salsa and bean dip to your table as soon as you sit down.

I've had the fish tacos which I really liked and the combo plate of enchelata, taco and something else (can't remember) was pretty good.

I think their valet parking is a little weird since the parking spots are right next to the entrance. I've only been here when they're not busy during lunch, so maybe it's necessary at night when you would have to park further out and walk.

Visited October 2013
Houston, Texas
“This has been one of our favorites for years”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The service has always been excellent and the food is a unique blend of Mexican and Asia. We hope they can survive the onslaught of construction on West Dallas.

• Visited October 2013
Houston
“I don't understand the bad reviews...”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I adore this little place. I have never experienced any of the problems the bad reviewers have. It's always been spotless, and the food has always been fresh. Their mango margaritas go down much too easily, so be careful! During lent I get the cheese enchiladas, but I always request onions on the side as they don't include them otherwise. Parking is a bit skimpy, but for the size of the restaurant it's ample, and the valet takes care of everything so no big deal.

Visited May 2013
Houston, Texas
“Good, but Not Great...”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Some friends highly recommended Teala's, so we decided to give it a shot @ lunch a few weeks ago. While it was a lovely place with great ritas and a fine waitstaff, I must say... Food was VERY disappointing! And our friends are usually pretty good w/ their suggestions... Maybe it was b/c it was during the weekday lunch service, but... It was NOT up to par! Tortillas, rice, & beans all looked & tasted store- bought. Main entrées (3 different ones) were just not special. The chips & salsa were good, I will say that. But I brought home my leftovers, & nobody even wanted them (there is usually a fight!)... We will prob give them one more chance- maybe it was an off day- but as of right now, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else. The patio is very nice, so drinks & apps might be the thing to do here. But a patio doesn't even begin to make up for bad food, esp in Houston, where you have a Tex- Mex joint on every corner...