“This has been one of our favorites for years”

Teala's Mexican Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Houston, Texas
“This has been one of our favorites for years”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The service has always been excellent and the food is a unique blend of Mexican and Asia. We hope they can survive the onslaught of construction on West Dallas.

• Visited October 2013

Houston
“I don't understand the bad reviews...”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I adore this little place. I have never experienced any of the problems the bad reviewers have. It's always been spotless, and the food has always been fresh. Their mango margaritas go down much too easily, so be careful! During lent I get the cheese enchiladas, but I always request onions on the side as they don't include them otherwise. Parking is a bit skimpy, but for the size of the restaurant it's ample, and the valet takes care of everything so no big deal.

Visited May 2013
“Good, but Not Great...”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Some friends highly recommended Teala's, so we decided to give it a shot @ lunch a few weeks ago. While it was a lovely place with great ritas and a fine waitstaff, I must say... Food was VERY disappointing! And our friends are usually pretty good w/ their suggestions... Maybe it was b/c it was during the weekday lunch service, but... It was NOT up to par! Tortillas, rice, & beans all looked & tasted store- bought. Main entrées (3 different ones) were just not special. The chips & salsa were good, I will say that. But I brought home my leftovers, & nobody even wanted them (there is usually a fight!)... We will prob give them one more chance- maybe it was an off day- but as of right now, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else. The patio is very nice, so drinks & apps might be the thing to do here. But a patio doesn't even begin to make up for bad food, esp in Houston, where you have a Tex- Mex joint on every corner...

Houston, Texas
“Unique Flavor and great value”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Teala's is a great Tex Mex venue in a prime area. We enjoyed the unique flavor of beef fajitas. This place knows service and has stuck with its traditional flavors and service.

Visited December 2012
Houston, Texas
“Great food and clean as a whistle”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Well starting with our server she was wonderful, very attentive and pleasant mannered.

We ordered an appetizer of caso and cherish and it was the bomb. That went down quick followed by a Mango Margarita which was equally good. For the main course I has some chicken dish with palbalno peppers oh my god it reminded me of grandama and her kitchen what a treat.

We did not have desert bit downed another margarita raspberry this time.

I read the other reviews and well maybe they were having a bad day. Or has since resolved the issues but I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE. Come hungry being the portions are big.

Oh the staff was great and the bathrooms and dinning area were spotless not dirt or offensive odors all looked very professional and in order. I took some pics enjoy!