“Great restaurant for a date night”

Brennan's of Houston
Reserve with OpenTable
Brennan's of Houston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 8,310 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Stuart
Description: Since our 1967 opening as a sister restaurant to the world-famous Commander's Palace in New Orleans, Brennan's of Houston has evolved into the city's premier destination for memorable dining served with true Southern hospitality. From the reservationist to the waiters, chefs and every associate behind the scenes, our team is focused on the highest standard of excellence and equally dedicated to creating enduring memories of snapshots in time: the sealing of business deals, wedding proposals, joyful celebrations, and the marking of significant milestones along life's way. And the proof is in the (bread) pudding, with loyal patrons returning time and again to create new memories.Reflecting the same warmth as our friendly greeting, each farewell concludes with Brennan's signature lagniappe: an abundance of unforgettably fresh pecan pralines.
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I took my girlfriend to Brennan's on our 1st year anniversary. The service was great, the atmosphere was good. I thought the food was good too, but i really loved the banana fosters. The way they prepare it right in front of you was also cool. The prices were ok, not ridicilously high or anything. We will definitely go again for the banana fosters!

There are newer reviews for Brennan's of Houston

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I dined here with some friends while we were in town for a wedding. I had eaten at a Brennan's restaurant in New Orleans before, but not Houston.
Our experience was top notch from the moment we walked in. We were greeted by the Maître d', who, since our friends had not arrived yet, showed us to the lounge area for a cocktail. We were greeted by Richard, who was a highlight to our night. He offered us a cocktail list and I decided on an Old Fashioned. Richard was quick to ask for my choice of Whisky or Bourbon and also the brand. I asked for his recommendation to which he decided on Angel's Envy. He gave us a little history behind the Bourbon and then prepared my drink. He was amazing. We chatted a bit and then our friends arrived.

We were seated at a very nice table and proceeded to look over the menu. My wife and I both decided on the Filet special of the night, prepared Oscar style. I started with the Turtle Soup while she had the trio of soups.

Everything was top notch. The meat was so tender and the Oscar style just put it over the top.

We finalized our meal with the table side Bananas Foster, which was also excellent!

What really made our night is when we were standing at the valet stand to get our car and Richard (our bartender) came outside to tell us how nice it was to meet us and how he really enjoyed our brief conversation. He thanked us again and my wife and I were just floored that he took the time to do this. It had been well over 2.5 hours since we sat at his bar, but he made a lasting impression on us.

If the management of Brennan's does read this, please tell Richard how special he made us feel and that we will definitely be back to see him the next time we are in Houston.

One of the best meals and dining experiences I've ever had!

2  Thank jman1076
Reviewed October 6, 2013

What started out as a birthday dinner disaster for my husband turned into the best meal experience our family has ever had. We were seated at 8:15 pm upstairs in one of the private rooms. There was only one other couple there who were attentively doted upon by our waiter. . After being ignored for 20 minutes we decided to leave at 8:50. We did not have any drinks and had just placed our orders at 8:45. On our way out my husband had spoken to the host, Daniel who had attracted the attention of Elvis , the manager. We were seated in seconds. Our waiter Eric was the best . We were comped our glass of wine and at the end of the dinner all eight desserts were brought out at once by the management and waiters at no charge. Wow - what a great experience and a customer service save! My husband has a birthday experience to talk about for years. No wonder they are one of the best restaurants in Houston.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

In July we held a reception at Brennans. There were no flaws at any step of the way. The planning was helpful, the wedding coordinators were excellent, the food was delicious, the band was great, the room was beautiful,,and the whole thing flowed like clockwork. At the end of the event, the staff was immediately boxing leftovers and gathering up all of the albums and other items we had brought, assembling it for a quick getaway. The woman who made our cake (and she has made many!), said the staff was the best she has ever worked with at helping her get the layers upstairs, and providing any help she needed. We would definitely hold another event at Brennans, we couldn't be more pleased!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Elegant service, nice atmosphere, "Southern" New Orleans/Houston cuisine. Entertained 3 people for a business lunch and had a lovely time. Would definitely go back.