“Outstanding Restaurant Houston”
Review of Masraff's

Masraff's
Reserve with OpenTable
Masraff's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 8,434 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Description: Masraff's on Post Oak Blvd is a casually elegant upscale restaurant owned and operated by Houston restaurateurs, Tony and Russell Masraff. The restaurant has quickly become a local favorite with it's unique American cuisine and contemporary ambiance. Best described as American cuisine with a touch of Southern Europe, the seafood, fowl, homemade pastas, lamb, beef and seasonal game will satisfy the most discriminating diner. Soon after opening, Masraff's received stellar early reviews, including the prestigious three-star rating from the Houston Chronicle Dining Guide, as well as being named among the ten new restaurants on the culinary cutting edge in the US by The Wall Street Journal. For a delightful culinary experience, dine at the Chef's Table, where the Chef prepares a gourmet six -course dinner of his choosing. The Restaurant, which has recently moved to 1753 Post Oak Blvd from its former location at 1025 S.Post Oak Lane, seats over 200 for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The restaurant is very pretty. We have always had a great meal here. The food is exceptional. The bar is very nice and has live music. You can have a nice meal while listening to music. The waiters were outstanding. I would recommend this restaurant. The valet parkers walked us to our car with an umbrella.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was under the impression that Masraffs was 'high end'. Meaning. I thought their dress code was business casual. I was a little put off when my husband and I (from out of town) stopped mid-day, to go back to our hotel and change just for this restaurant. Only to walk in and see flip-flops, shorts and beach cover-up type dresses. We ate at Brennans a few days later and they enforce their dress code, which is nice. If Iv got to go out of my way in the middle of the day to change clothes EVERYONE else needs to as well.

We sat in one of the wine rooms at Masraff's. The food was exceptionally good. The waiter we had didn't treat us as warmly as his other tables, so I made sure our tip reflected such. He never spoke to us beyond the basic "what will you be having" and "thank you for coming". Mind you he chatted up every other table around us. But perhaps he felt because we were African American that we weren't going to leave a tip,so he wasn't going to go out of his way for us. Which couldn't be further from the truth. We always tip quite well. But after spending $120 on a lunch, I think the least he could do was give us the same hospitality as everyone else he served.

Like I said the food was good. But the fact that we spent so much money and got treated as if to say 'and please don't return.' Was a turn-off to me. I will go to Brennans the next time I'm in town, but not Masraffs. For money like this, service needs to be impeccable.

2  Thank Well_Traveled_By_15
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had Easter brunch at Masraff's. We waited until the week before to get reservations and ate at the last shift of the day. They had a set menu for $48 pp. You could choose one appetizer, one main course and one dessert. They offered a good variety of options; making it difficult to choose. Our waiter was superb. He was prompt, made excellent recommendations and was great at knowing when to approach us/leave us alone. The food was just OK- Nothing stood out. The flavors were rather one note. They sounded complex but lacked a POP. We are foodies and have high standards however, when I go for a $48 brunch, I expect more (especially with a limited menu where the expectation is that they have totally mastered the dishes). Presentation was lovely. The pork chop was over-cooked and lacked seasoning. The quail was way under-cooked and barely warm. Houston has so many wonderful options, why return to for mediocre food?

Reviewed March 19, 2013

this restaurant is now on Post Oak but have been visitingit since it opened at a different location 15 years ago. They have very good food. Fine Steaks, Fresh Seafood and More

5  Thank elitepro
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Another winner picked from TripAdvisor recommendations. We had a truly delicious meal here, intelligently assembled dishes that were a treat to eat, and good and attentive service. A much better bet than the huge-steak restaurants that seem to be the main competition for up-class dining in Houston.

1  Thank SussexVoyager