“Birthday Party” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Masraff's

Masraff's
Reserve with OpenTable
Masraff's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 8,115 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Description: Masraff's on Post Oak Blvd is a casually elegant upscale restaurant owned and operated by Houston restaurateurs, Tony and Russell Masraff. The restaurant has quickly become a local favorite with it's unique American cuisine and contemporary ambiance. Best described as American cuisine with a touch of Southern Europe, the seafood, fowl, homemade pastas, lamb, beef and seasonal game will satisfy the most discriminating diner. Soon after opening, Masraff's received stellar early reviews, including the prestigious three-star rating from the Houston Chronicle Dining Guide, as well as being named among the ten new restaurants on the culinary cutting edge in the US by The Wall Street Journal. For a delightful culinary experience, dine at the Chef's Table, where the Chef prepares a gourmet six -course dinner of his choosing. The Restaurant, which has recently moved to 1753 Post Oak Blvd from its former location at 1025 S.Post Oak Lane, seats over 200 for lunch and dinner.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Birthday Party”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

The place was old school fancy- and the food was fussy, but good. It was a great special occasion venue. Went for a 50th birthday party.

“OMG. Order 4 calamari appetizers and skip the entree!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

The calamari is sautéed in garlic butter, not deep fried. It was a hug for my tongue. I so wish I had known this before I ordered my entree.

The shrimp on both my entree and my associate's entree had a bitter aftertaste. The manager comp'd the meal for us when we commented to our server that it was just a little odd tasting (it awful mind you, just a bit odd).

This is a first-class restaurant and I highly recommend it. The ambiance is nice (amazing artwork on the walls) and the service was stellar at lunch.

I'll return to Masraff's with my wife for a special date or our anniversary, and my bet is the shrimp will taste amazing.

Atlanta
“Superb food, nice ambiance and convenient to Galleria area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

I have been to Masraff's twice in the last two months, both times for dinner. It is very conveniently located on the corner of a retail center, in the Galleria area of Houston. Valet parking is provided, but generally there is ample open parking in the retail center's lot.
The receptionist greeted us in a friendly manner and we elected to have a drink before dinner at the bar. The bar area is modern and attractive, usually busy but not noisy. The clientele is upscale, and tends to professionals, both young and older.
The menu is extensive and making a choice is hard because so many things looked good. I chose a starter of pan seared foie gras with Bosc pear, toasted brioche in a red wine reduction; it was superb. My friend had the garlic seared calamari with oyster mushroom, shaved onion, cilantro in a soy reduction which he pronounced as superb also.
For the main course I took the Peking duck breast, served with a sweet potato and apple bacon hash, foie gras and bing cherry gastrique ($29). The duck was done perfectly and melted in my mouth. My friend took the herb roasted rack of lamb, accompanied by smashed Yukon potatoes, broccolini, pickled garlic and herb pesto ($36). I had this same dish on my previous visit, and it too was masterfully prepared.
The wine list is extensive and well balanced, offering a broad selection from all over the world, and in a spread of prices that ensures everyone will be happy. For this meal we selected a unique South Africa cabernet sauvignon, the Doolhof "Signature Cabernet" 2006. It is a very non-tannic cabernet and drank more like a Pinot Noir, which was an excellent pairing for both the duck and the rack of lamb.
For dessert, I took the sorbet terrine of passion fruit, lemon and strawberry; it is a uniquely saved sorbet in rectangular pieces, deep chilled so as to make it crunchy on the palate. My friend chose the chocolate eruption with vanilla ice cream, a delicate chocolate soufflé type cake served in a small ramekin sided with ice cream.
Overal, this is a superb restaurant for business or social dining. During the dinner, the owner circulates around the dining room, to confirm that everyone is happy; I find this a nice touch. I would highly recommend Masraff's.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank TulaAtlanta
Guatemala City, Guatemala
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

Loved the food in this restaurant. Had the scallops...very well cooked and delicious.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food, above average service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

Food was great, definitely worth the visit. Great for business dinners which is what we had here. It seemed the wait staff was a little bogged down so the service took a slow turn for the worst as more people filtered in, but overall, a good experience and will likely be back.

Visited April 2012