“Great date night”

Truluck's Steak & Stone Crab
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Steak & Stone Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 8,507 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: In between Sage and Yorktown
Description: Discover Truluck’s. An escape for the senses, at sensible prices. Savor the freshest Florida Stone Crab direct from our own fisheries, and a fresh-catch seafood menu updated weekly by our chef. Along with tender, juicy steaks grilled to perfection, and over 100 wines by the sampling, glass, and bottle.
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Took my wire out and we had a great time. Good steak, seafood, and a bottle of wine, just what we needed.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The restaurant, service, and food are excellent. Anything seafood that you can imagine or even think that you want---Truluck's will have it. I ordered the Sweet & Spicy Halibut. Phenomenal! I also adde the crab mac&cheese to try it. Another great choice.

I can not imagine anything on the menu not worth trying at least once. It is all of great preparation, great ingredients and superb flavor.

Enjoy.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

business trip to Houston, and had peers and management in the area. we were looking for a place to settle for a late dinner and we strolled into Trulucks.

I have eaten at the Austin Location, and had great service / food. This location was no different...

Oysters on the half shell, Ahi Tuna, and fresh veggies. The wait staff was very attentive, friendly and helpful. Attention to Detail.

Yes, will be back, it is expensive, but if want great service, great food, good atmosphere, this is the place for you.

Across the street from the DoubleTree and Aloft Galleria Hotels, and a short walk from the JW Marriott, and a nice walk from the Westin Oaks Galleria (where I was staying)..

Valet Parking and plenty of self parking available.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I started with the chilled seafood platter and really liked the "blue crab cocktail", great flavor, easy to eat. I could have passed on the shrimp since I can get them anywhere. There is a reason the signature dish is the "Miso-Glazed Seabass". It is incredible. The texture has just enough firmness, but no need for a knife. Since I only enjoy red wines, I paired it with a Muga Rioja ($68) which creates a flavor explosion with the sauce on the seabass. You could split the entree, but there could be a problem, because its just too good to share. The desserts are big enough for a table of 6. You know a place is good when it has a pricey menu and full tables.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

TripAdvisor asks if this is one of the best meals we've had in a restaurant, and without a doubt, it is! The service is impeccable, the food is absolutely delicious and the atmosphere is intimate.
We have eaten here three times and have never been disappointed with anything. Michael, the manager is very attentive. He knew our names after only our second visit and treated us as if we had been frequent patrons for years.
The crab claws and seafood rival none. My wife is not a big red meat eater and always orders the blackened redfish Ponchatrian. It's so good she won't order anything else. The steaks are cooked to perfection. The dynamite steak, although not on the menu, is a popular and excellent choice.
Don't forget about dessert. They're unbelievable! Wait til you see the display tray that they bring to your table! A favourite is the carrot cake drizzled with hot caramel sauce and the chocolate cake is decadent, layer after layer. And don't forget the chocolate bag! A bag made of chocolate, layered with cake, fresh berries and whipping cream. We suggest you leave room for dessert, and share. One person in our group was allergic to shellfish, and it was not a problem for the cooking staff. Her meal was prepared away from any shellfish.
Would we recommend Truluck's?...most definitely!
Bon appetit