“First class service and fab seabass”

Truluck's Steak & Stone Crab
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Steak & Stone Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 8,381 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: In between Sage and Yorktown
Description: Discover Truluck’s. An escape for the senses, at sensible prices. Savor the freshest Florida Stone Crab direct from our own fisheries, and a fresh-catch seafood menu updated weekly by our chef. Along with tender, juicy steaks grilled to perfection, and over 100 wines by the sampling, glass, and bottle.
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I started with the chilled seafood platter and really liked the "blue crab cocktail", great flavor, easy to eat. I could have passed on the shrimp since I can get them anywhere. There is a reason the signature dish is the "Miso-Glazed Seabass". It is incredible. The texture has just enough firmness, but no need for a knife. Since I only enjoy red wines, I paired it with a Muga Rioja ($68) which creates a flavor explosion with the sauce on the seabass. You could split the entree, but there could be a problem, because its just too good to share. The desserts are big enough for a table of 6. You know a place is good when it has a pricey menu and full tables.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

TripAdvisor asks if this is one of the best meals we've had in a restaurant, and without a doubt, it is! The service is impeccable, the food is absolutely delicious and the atmosphere is intimate.
We have eaten here three times and have never been disappointed with anything. Michael, the manager is very attentive. He knew our names after only our second visit and treated us as if we had been frequent patrons for years.
The crab claws and seafood rival none. My wife is not a big red meat eater and always orders the blackened redfish Ponchatrian. It's so good she won't order anything else. The steaks are cooked to perfection. The dynamite steak, although not on the menu, is a popular and excellent choice.
Don't forget about dessert. They're unbelievable! Wait til you see the display tray that they bring to your table! A favourite is the carrot cake drizzled with hot caramel sauce and the chocolate cake is decadent, layer after layer. And don't forget the chocolate bag! A bag made of chocolate, layered with cake, fresh berries and whipping cream. We suggest you leave room for dessert, and share. One person in our group was allergic to shellfish, and it was not a problem for the cooking staff. Her meal was prepared away from any shellfish.
Would we recommend Truluck's?...most definitely!
Bon appetit

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Very nice restaurant, always busy, sea food is excellent, giant crabs, delicious giant crab cakes however a little expensive

Reviewed May 11, 2014

It was 2 p.m. when I arrived looking for a parking spot. Impatient as I am went through the parking lot and then straight to valet. Walking into this restaurant in itself was nice. One minute later I was being seated at table 64. Having walked in on such a grand day no reservation I just knew I would be by the kitchen or the bathroom. True luck kicked in and I had the most amazing table. I was seated where I could see my daughter arrive and they kindly escorted her to my table. Our waiter Chris was very helpful. He suggested wine for my daughter's palette. He also brought out the Salt and Pepper Calamari. This was right on time for my daughter because she drove in from League City Texas. We enjoy a plate or platter of great vegetables and that Calamari was the bomb. Later My daughter ordered the Redfish with the Tuna mac & cheese. I had the Roasted Natural Chicken. Everyone that comes in contact with me know that a good glass of red wine is my thing. The Chinti was nice. Then something strange happen . A tall athletic built man gave us his card. Michael Sysyn thank you this custom is dying but I was glad that the human touch is still practiced today. Yes i will go again. This place is great for meetings, parties,or some alone time.....This was truly a great restaurant.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Nice restaurant, upscale, good for a romantic dinner or with friends
They have a very tasty lobster bisque, long and tasty king crab legs ( although I do not like them warm) and crabs
Good service , a little bit expensive