“Great seafood, good service, environment fair, somehow overpriced, reduced parking space”

Truluck's Steak & Stone Crab
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Steak & Stone Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 8,312 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: In between Sage and Yorktown
Description: Discover Truluck’s. An escape for the senses, at sensible prices. Savor the freshest Florida Stone Crab direct from our own fisheries, and a fresh-catch seafood menu updated weekly by our chef. Along with tender, juicy steaks grilled to perfection, and over 100 wines by the sampling, glass, and bottle.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Took my team for a group dinner. Service was very good. Quality of food outstanding: crab cake hard to beat, excellent halibut, desert very good. Liked the pianist vey much. Price is little bit too high. Please, try to get more space to park! Will definitely return.

There are newer reviews for Truluck's Steak & Stone Crab

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Oysters and crab cakes with Pazo de Barrantes Albarino at Truluck's. One of my favorite places when I lived in Houston some years ago and always a pleasure to visit when back in Houston. This time going out alone for a late (for Houston) dinner. Had a nice table and attentive service from the waiter. I went for oysters as a starter and excellent crab cakes with creamy mashed potatoes as the main course both accompanied by Albarino by the glass and a properly made Dry Martini while waiting. Truluck's is a first class restaurant I always look forward going back to.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I visited Truluck's with family for the first time yesterday. The restaurant is primarily a seafood restaurant with heavy emphasis on crab (their specialty). We started with hot n' spicy shrimp, BBQ shrimp and calamari. The hot n' spicy shrimps were good with crisp textured batter mingled with a hint of spice. The calamari however was really good as it was succulent without being rubbery; it was fried just right. For the main course I had the Miso glazed halibut with crab fried rice. The fish was cooked with panache. The outside of the fish was crispy whereas the inside, succulent with silken texture! The rest of the table also enjoyed their main courses with equal gusto. Overall I loved this restaurant. The prices however match if not exceed the quality of the food, which is the only reason I am giving them four stars. This restaurant is a Houston juggernaut and I would highly recommend it to anyone from Houston or to any tourists as well.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have been to Truluck's three times over the past year, all of them during business trip. It is funny that I never went there during the 7 years I lived in Houston. Anyway, the stone craps were simply the best comparing to any craps out there. I also liked the sea bass with oriental sauce. The place was very busy especially on Monday nights when they offered all you eat stone craps. The service was also first class in that you never had to ask for anything. This has become a must visit for me every time I visit Houston.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

What I like about this place is the food is great. Once a week they have an all you can get crab claw, with every side that is availble with it. The food is delicious. I can't wait for my husband to take me again. It is alittle pricey but worth it.