“Best TexMex in Houston”

Chuy's Restaurant
Ranked #181 of 8,434 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Afton Oaks/ River Oaks
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Light, crispy chips with salsa and creamy jalapeno dip make it worth the trip. Also enjoy the rellenos, enchiladas and margaritas. Finally made it to Chuy's after years of hearing about it. It is now our "go-to TexMex" in Houston, Austin and Nashville.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Chuy's is a great restaurant, best Mexican food in Houston. We have been regular at this restaurant for many years, and whenever, my daughters visit us, they want Chuy's!

With several vegetarian sauces to top our foods, each one in our family has their own favorite item on Menu. I go to Chuy's for Chile Rellenos. Since eating Chile Rellenos here, I do not even venture to try it at any other Mexican restaurant, nor I try anything else at Chuy's.

Another favorite item to go with food is the Texas Martini.

A great place for spicy vegetarian meal.

1  Thank Anshuman D
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I always enjoy my trips to Chuys! This particular visit we sat outside. The service was spotty at best and we couldn't get our server to smile! We asked for things several times. We had a seven year old with three adults and we couldn't get our food requests done quickly enough to keep the little one happy. The 'chip car' was closed. I bought a t-shirt as usual but felt lousy about the food and service that night. I will go back, but I hope it's as fun as I've known it to be before.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Chuy's has to have the best chips of any Mexican restaurant. They have some good dishes and some bad. You have to know what to order. The Taco Salad, Guacamole, Tacos and Fajitas are very good. The Creamy Jalapeno Sauce is also very good but they don't deliver on the beans and rice, not good at all.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Not! I went to Chuy's after a work function on a Friday at 5 pm. Happy Hour! . i ordered Guacamole and also Queso with our drinks. There is a Happy Hour bar with free chips, salsa, and QUESO. Not being a regular i paid 6 bucks for free food, basically. If I had been the waitress, I certainly would have told the customer that I did not need to order this, as it was free. But not our waitress! When I discovered the error of my ways, and mentioned it, she was clueless. "well, you ordered it...." after receiving the bill, I wrestled with my conscious, and settled on a 15% tip. What would you have done?