“Great bbq and prices”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We heard Demeris had great bbq and we weren't disappointed. Plentiful portions with just the right amount of sauce. Restaurant was very clean. Good prices.

There are newer reviews for Demeris Bar-B-Q

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have been going to Demeris for years and have never been disapointed. The brisket is always tender and has a great smoke flavor. The links are also great and I appreciate to old fashioned store cut fries. Demeris has always been consistant at all of the locations that I have tried, which is more than I can say for the other chaines such as Pappas and Rudy's.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Can't wait to get back in Houston and have more BBQ-- Yonny and his guys do it right!

Reviewed December 29, 2011

I moved to Houston from Kansas City several years back and something I had trouble finding in Texas was a decent bbq. I have no complaints about Demeris. I like the turkey sandwiches, beef bbq sandwiches, the jalapeno corn, the salads, & the fries are great. The service is fast and super friendly. I have seen the same faces working at this location for years so I figure they must treat their employees well, they know me, I know them. My company uses them to cater luncheons and events also. They do a great job at catering as well. They show up on time and serve the food and there is always plenty of food, meaning we don't run out like we do when we cater from Luby's. Take it from a bbq snob, Demeris is A # in my book.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

Good family-run business, they never disappoint. Our favorites are the beef basket or jalapeno link basket; loaded baked potatoes with beef; the B-man, which is a meaty sort of Frito pie;and the excellent sides including the coldest cole slaw you've ever been served, as well as their (warm) jalapeno cheese corn. YUM! You can side-load up with all the pickles, onions & things. Good Mississippi Mud Pie; brownies not so good, though (a bit dry). Good value for your money. Also do catering, way beyond BBQ...