“Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Benjy's Restaurant

Benjy's Restaurant
Ranked #115 of 8,144 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kelvin
Bellaire, Texas
“Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Took my daughters, son, wife and one granddaughter to lunch or brunch at Benjy's today. They took reservations which I was glad I did because they were packed with people! We ate off the brunch menu. We had fried shrimp and then a field cauliflower appetizer. We shared them between the seven of us. The cauliflower was surprising! Very good!
I tried the champagne mimosa on the brunch menu which I am trying to recreate now. Great! Our entrees came and everything was great again. My daughter does not like nuts, she may have an allergy or definitely has an aversion to them. Many entrees had nuts incorporated in them (chocolate cake, French toast, etc...). I had the shrimp with grits, shrimp tempura dipped in salsa verde on top of white hominy whole grits, crowned with a fried egg. I would eat that again. Very generous portion. At the end we shared bread pudding s'mores (ok) and a really great chocolate cake (rich) with pecans in the frosting. We all thought the chocolate was the best! Nice restaurant, great food, nice interior! They added a gratuity on our check which they didn't tell us about and I added a little more to the great waitress! A "10" for sure!

Visited May 2013

Orange, Texas
“Fabulous dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

We found this place while on an anniversary trip and were so pleased with our dinner. The salmon was fantastic, they had a nice selection of craft beers and wines.

Visited April 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Great food and ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

It's a no frills place but they serve up some cajun specialities with a twist. I had the gumbo, which was served over cornbread with different kinds of seafood. I could barely finish it, but I tried to because it was so good!

Benjy's has nice outdoor seating so you can have your lunch/dinner al fresco.

Visited April 2013
Pueblo, Colorado
“Funky and modern menu & place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I were in the Rice Village area looking for something off beat - we found it! Their innovative dishes, like my Smoked Salmon Club and the Chicken Schwarma wrap were tasty and unique. I would go back for the broccoli and asparagus soup and a salad as a quick bite. They have an upstairs area and outdoor patio that could be nice on a breezy day. Our server was quick and friendly, although the hostess was a bit...different. We would be back again to try another new invention from the kitchen!

• Visited April 2013
“Nice place in rice village”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a work dinner. Good food and atmosphere. Nice bar/deck up stairs that is great when the weather is not too hot

• Visited March 2013