“One of our favorites”
Review of Benjy's Restaurant

Benjy's Restaurant
Ranked #122 of 8,203 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kelvin
houston, tx
“One of our favorites”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Very good food and service; comfortable atmosphere; recommend reservations.

Houston
“Unique Atmosphere, Great Food & Drinks!”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We took my son and his date to Benjy's for dinner. The atmosphere at Benjy's is very unique and cozy. It can get a little loud, but we were eating early so that was not a problem. Service was outstanding as our waiter was constantly checking with us to see if we needed anything. The menu frequently changes at Benjy's, but we each found something we liked and enjoyed. This Benjy's, on Dunstan, also has an upstairs bar and outdoor balcony that is very popular during Happy Hour. If you are looking for a local restaurant in the Village with great food, service, and ambience I would recommend Benjy's.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank klmtx
Houston, Texas
“Noisy but outstanding and interesting food and terrible web site”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My wife and I go to this restaurant once every 6 months. Recently I had take out and attended a dinner for a visiting speaker. The food is always interesting and well prepared. However, their web site drives me crazy. I could not get the menu to load on my MacBook Pro. It gave me only dark shadows. This occurred 2-3 weeks ago when I was trying to order takeout and tonight when I went to the web site to review the menu to write my review I could not get it to load or download in either Safari (block pop up windows was off) or Firefox running OSX 10.6.8. Very frustrating. This complaint should not detract from the quality of the restaurant and its food - outstanding. However, they should examine access to their menus on the website.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Beagle1946
Francitas
“THE BEST DINING EXPERIENCE IN HOUSTON, TX”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I live about 2 hours from Houston but every chance I get I dine at Benjys - upscale and very friendly service. they change their menu seasonally and everything made is of the freshest and best quality. In my opinion, the best place to eat in all of Houston.

• Visited October 2011
San Diego, California
“Great contemporary find in Houston!”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Love this fun restaurant! Decor is contemporary, 70's and upbeat. The server was very helpful and recommended a great glass of wine. A unique selection of American food, we had the crispy calamari appetizer, mushroom flat bread, endive salad and sesame crusted agadashi. All were different and very yummy. Finished the evening with a selection of sorbets: strawberry basil was our favorite! Fun and tasty find for our first visit to Houston.

• Visited September 2011