“Service Outclassed the Food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 8,114 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Yorktown
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. One of only a few restaurants in Houston to receive the DiRona (Distinguished Restaurants of North America) Award.
San Antonio, TX
“Service Outclassed the Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2010

The service was excellent, including when they recovered the service after a major screw up with the meal. I ordered my sirloin well-done and it came out charred, literally powder to the touch it was so charred. Waiter, kitchen manager, and general manager all apologized and the entire meal was re-done. But my question is: why did this even get out of the kitchen to begin with? Then make it past the waiter and make it to my table? I got my desert comped. The whole ticket came to over $200. The wine I wanted was out of stock. The ambiance and service was great, but the meal itself, overall, was a huge disappointment. Won't be going back for a long time.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

everywhere
“BY FAR MY FAV. RESTAURANT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2010

I LOVE the CG. It is by far my favorite resaurant. YOU have to order the lobster mac n cheese. It is different then anything you've ever tasted. Excellent spin on a childhood favorite.

Houston
“Offensive Appetizer”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2009

Our appetizer was offensive - there's no other word for it - in smell and taste. I'm not sure about the source, but at least one waiter didn't seemed overly concerned about it. I rushed to the men's room to wash out my mouth from the experience. The Manager apologized, said it had never happened before and took half the cost off the bill. The rest of the meal was fine, and my companion didn't have the same experience, but I don't think I'll risk it at this establishment again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“Very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

Very good food

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“my rare wasn't rare the...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2009

my rare wasn't rare the first time. boo. on the plus side they have stoli elit.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook