“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 8,142 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Yorktown
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. One of only a few restaurants in Houston to receive the DiRona (Distinguished Restaurants of North America) Award.
Cypress, Texas
“Outstanding”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The waitress was warm and friendly. The steaks were prepared perfectly. The Lobster Mac and Cheese was one of the best things I have ever tasted. Order it. The lobster bisque was rich and delicious. The atmosphere was warm and reserved. We were there with grandparents and children and everyone enjoyed it. The prices were actually reasonable for the quality of food and service.

• Visited March 2013

Columbus, Ohio
“wonderful sandwich/ bar food”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had a crab and lobster sandwich. It came on a brioche style "bun" and was really delicious. There was a generous portion of crab and lobster.
My only quasi-complaint is that the person who took my order initially said that they couldn't substitute vegetables for fries. Eventually, she did make the change, however.
I also had the cheesecake with berries which was one of the best that I have ever eaten. It was a little different -- rich and sweet but soft, almost like a custard. Lots of fresh berries and a crisp cookie type crust.
Terrific restaurant, at least for the bar food.
I had the food delivered to my hotel and it was still hot when it arrived.
Caution -- the main menu is very expensive -- a steak entree can be $40.

Visited March 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Good Steak”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Steak was very good. I actually got food delivery over to the Aloft Hotel next door. And it was great. The food was hot and fresh still.

Visited February 2013
Houston, Texas, United States
“Yep... This where you want to be"”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Ahhh... When it comes to steak and seafood, Capital Grille does is right! I love everything about this place. From the rich food to the high class ambiance, just walking into this restaurant makes you feel like somebody important! I don't know if this is some place I would take a lady on a first date because of great elegance but if you want to impress somebody, this is a place that I'd take them (especially with Valentines Day coming up...). Definitely a place I would bring my wife for an anniversary or a Girlfriend for a proposal... easily!

I brought my lady here for Valentines Day and of course they hooked her up with a goody bag full of chocolates, they gave her a rose, and a complimentary drink... She really felt special and it made her day!

• Visited March 2012
Houston, Texas
“High class”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Great food, not cheap. Long standing tradition for fine quality. Lots of people use this restaurant as a meeting place so you may see a lot of important people. The food and service is very good.