“Lovely cafe” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Backstreet Cafe

Backstreet Cafe
1103 S Shepherd Dr, Houston, TX 77019 (Neartown/ Montrose)
713-521-2239
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 7,893 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
“Lovely cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We always come here for brunch. This restaurant is always busy so it's better if you make a reservation first. Parking is kinda hard so the valet service they have really help and it's free, but we always give a tip to the valet guy. The food is great, but a bit pricey.and the atmosphere is really nice. If you are bored with what's on the menu, try the specials. They have a cute backyard if you want to sit outside.

“special lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I had lunch at the Backstreet cafe January 4th. I love this restaurant but my husband has only been there once before. The wait staff, Robert in particular, was great. I usually order the crab cakes and roasted pear salad but asked Robert for a suggestion. He suggested quail appetizer for us to share and, for me, the red snapper special. My husband had the fried lobster sandwich. Both meals were wonderful. My fish was cooked to profection with a rich butter sauce, roasted potatoes and a spinach puree. We tried the dessert trio with Robert's suggestion as well.( I usually don't get dessert) We enjoyed a great lunch overlooking the patio. (rainy and cold so dined inside) I love this place and now my husband does too. Good atmosphere, different but delicious entrees, and great atmosphere.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Sandra I
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Nice place for brunch. Good food and atmosphere. It's a nice different place to go that often gets forgotten because of it's location.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank GigEm98
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thanks Trip Advisor Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We went to dinner on 12/23 for my wifes Birthday. No issues at all from the time we arrived the valet took our car and the manager Alan Koziol seated us. The most important part was the food which was great. We had the lamb chops, shrimp, chicken and pork roast no complaints from my wife and two teenagers. Which is unusual LOL. Go check them out better food and value and service then a big restaurant

1 Thank Brian2tx
Houston, Texas
“Nice atmosphere, good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We have been there for brunch and dinner. Both seatings were very good. Service has been always good so has the food. If you go during the cooler times of the year, ask to sit outside. Parking is almost impossible. They do a good job withe valet.

Visited April 2012