“Good food, great music”
Review of Sambuca

Sambuca
Reserve with OpenTable
Sambuca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #326 of 8,434 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Nice place to hear live music from jazz to contemporary all week. Filet steak very good as is the bar drinks and service. Highly recommend.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We only stopped by for some evening cocktails, they were 9 dollars for mixed drinks... they had live music which gave a lively atmosphere. Everything at first glance looked great, but the bar service was ridiculous! We ordered our drinks and waited 10 minutes for the guy to come back 2 more times to have us repeat our drinks, finally 15 minutes after we ordered he came back with our drinks and the bill! Probably not coming back again, as the bar was not terribly busy and there's no excuses for it!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Awesome atmosphere with a live band every night, food was great, patio awesome, If you are any where near downtown Houston, this is a must try.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

In Houston for 2 nights had a wonderful evening in Sambuca last night have GOT to go back tonight. The food was good, and not expensive. Cocktails very different I had a skinney b----h pink lemonade amazing.
Lots of locals always a good sign and the music was fantastic a very lively evening sooo good different group tonight sure it will be excellent

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I had the spinach salad and the blackened red snapper with dirty rice. Well not dirty rice, but shrimp in a spicy brown roux with a mound of almost sticky rice in the center absolutely excellent. The perfectly blackened red snapper was on top of the rice and very thin French fried onion rings on top was a huge treat for me. The dessert was a warm brownie with ice cream. The brownie was great. The ice cream was closer to ice milk. A very creamy - 40 % butter fat - ice cream would have made it a perfect dessert.

I went on a Friday night which made this, for me, all the more exceptional - usually kitchens are too pushed to do great food - not here. The service matched the food - there when I needed them and not there otherwise - excellent.

The wine selection was just ok. It seems that everyone wants to charge way to much for the wine. I paid $75 for what should have been a $20 bottle of wine. (I live in Virginia where very good wine is cheap.)

The music was well played. When the music has lyrics I like to hear them, here I was barely able to know that there was a singer. The real problem was the music was loud, much too loud for me to hold a conversation with the people I had dinner with.

So go up stairs where the music is only moderately too loud, and have a great dinner with a fair bottle of wine.