“Disappointing”
Review of Sambuca

Sambuca
Reserve with OpenTable
Sambuca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #207 of 8,183 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Melbourne, Australia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Sunday night in Houston walked in to Sambuca where we have eaten before and enjoyed. Tonight walked in (Sunday) tables available but put at the back of the restaurant. Ordered one starter and two entres for two people - received one starter and one entree. Waited and waited for one aother entree. Questioned with waiter, but he had not heard the second entree order. No questions on order taking. No bread offered. When challenged of the missing entree waiter claimed not to have heard. How about taking the initiatve and asking if the order was correct. Live music great but service poor and yet expect to receive a tip! Very disappointing for a restaurant previously enjoyed, particularly as I had talked up the restaurant to a business partner.
Caesar sala apparently does not include bacon pieces and egg.

• Visited February 2013

Houston, Texas
“Wonderful Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I took four others along with me to lunch here the other day. They were quick at seating us and serving us. We ate salads and sandwiches which were very tasty. The atomosphere here is perfect. This as a great place to have a business lunch. I want to go back one night to see the bands that play here. One of my associates told me is is a great place at night to hang out and listen to good jazz. The service is A-1. Maggie served us and did a great job. Didn't bother us while we were meeting and was there everytime we needed something. A must when you are downtown.

• Visited January 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Good food, GREAT music!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have been here multiple times so I thought I would put in my 2 cents. This place is close to many downtown venues so it is very convenient to eat/drink before or after an event - which is really what I prefer to do when it comes to this establishment. In fact, it is probably BETTER to go after your play or concert so you can have your own "after party." I would rate the food between a 3 and 4 stars and the drinks about the same. Although I must give a 5 stars to their Acapulco Shrimp appetizer. It was fabulous! The Margherita Pizza was only a step above frozen and the Shrimp n Crab dip was really good but nothing compares to that Acapulco Shrimp! As for the music, this place tends to cater to folks aged 30+ (which I like) as they play ALOT of music from "my day." Every single band I have every seen at this establishment is very good. My only complaint is the length of their breaks. All of them take VERY LONG BREAKS! Which really cuts into the vibe of the evening, and basically makes me want to drink up and head on home or elsewhere. But, when they are on stage, they are fantastic! The bar area stays pretty crowded but they have a nice amount of standing room to drink and watch the band. They also have a nice outdoor area to sit and eat/drink. Just be ready to swat off the bums that may come up to you looking for change. Be firm with your first no or a swarm will come. Not being a hater, just realistic when you are trying to eat. drink and have a good time with family and friends. Time and place for everything that is why I give to the Salvation Army!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank PollyPocket0100
Monroe, Louisiana
“dining and dancing”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

the service was very good, and the food outstanding. i had one of the best steaks i have ever had anywhere. they have live music and dancing and the atmosphere is kind of romantic. they also have outside tables.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Shelbydee
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Houston Marathon Pre Race Meal”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We sat at the bar since we didn't feel we were dressed to eat here. The guys at the bar were all very nice and made sure we had plenty of water. They also accomodated our food need by adjusting a menu item. Great, great, great!!

Visited January 2013