“Great menu with super fresh seafood!!”
Review of Tony Mandola's

Tony Mandola's
Reserve with OpenTable
Tony Mandola's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #228 of 8,381 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Southwestern, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Cross street: Femdale Street
Description: In 1982, we opened Tony Mandolaʼs Blue Oyster Bar on the Gulf Freeway, which we owned and operated for 22 years. A second Tony Mandolaʼs Blue Oyster Bar debuted on Shepherd in 1984, which he closed four years later in order to open our famous West Gray Tony Mandolaʼs flagship location. Our lifelong dream of owning a freestanding restaurant has now become a reality with the opening of our new, permanent Tony Mandola's location at 1212 Waugh Drive. We take great pride in serving what we think is some of the best food on the Gulf Coast. Everything is homemade fresh in our kitchen daily and many of our dishes are our Mamas' recipes. God Bless our Mamas and God Bless you for your patronage.“Dedicated to the preservation of the art of Mamas' Cooking.” Sincerely,Tony & Phyllis Mandola
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Absolutely beautiful restaurant! The menu is amazing - do not miss the 2+2+2 oyster appetizer. We enjoyed the oysters and loved the ceviche. We had a nice bottle of cab (a little pricey for the label) and my daughter had great lemonade. Things to improve... marginal service and soggy salad. Service: Unbelievably slow and not attentive; truly disappointing because bad service is something that is unforgivable. Soggy Salad: Well, how does that even happen at a place like Mandola's? Hmmmm?

Now, for the good stuff... The oyster appetizers, the ceviche and the Sea Bass Bebe were our favorites. The Snapper Decadent was good but not as tasty as the Sea Bass. The Meatballs were pretty yummy and the Chicken Parm was nice. Don't miss the Key Lime Pie for dessert. OMG! It has bananas in it. Completely divine. That may be the reason for a return visit. All in all, the place is beautiful, it has a nice vibe, the menu is wonderful, everything is in order for an excellent experience. Attention to service and the dressing are things that can be fixed; I hope.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Not as good as I remember. We ate on the patio, which was very pleasant. The service was outstanding, just wish the food had been as good.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

What a great place for dinner. The food is always outstanding here. I had visitors from Italy with me for business and took our commercial director here. He raved about the red snapper he had for dinner.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I loved everything about this food mecca. We were greeted by a friendly hostess who was very prompt in seating us.

The waiter was very professional and knowledgeable.

Everything we ordered was very fresh, flavorful and beautifully presented.

I must mention that the owner is also very friendly.

I most definitely recommend it and I will surely return the next time I'm in Houston.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The food was fantastic, especially the Lobster Bisque. The steak my husband had was very flavorful and tender. The atmosphere was pleasant and the service was Exceptional!