“Very busy on a weeknight, good greek food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Niko Niko's Greek
Ranked #28 of 8,114 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Houston, Texas
“Very busy on a weeknight, good greek food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

We met friends at Niko Niko's on a Wednesday night before heading to an Astro's game. I was amazed at how busy it was! We had to stand in line to order and then waited about 10-15 minutes for our food. You order at the counter (there is a large, laminated menu to browse in line), get a buzzer, and then return to the counter for your food. The food was good, fresh Greek food... lots of options.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Houstob
“Good Greek food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We checked this place for the 1st time and it wasn't bad.. Little cozy and great food.. It's packed during the weekend ...

Houston, Texas
“I cannot go very long without eating here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is a family-owned restaurant and I love that. I began eating at the Montrose location over 15 years ago when they were only a little more than a walk-up stand. (It has expanded and they have 2 new locations.) I went because it had received a local newsman's clean kitchen award for years in a row. I returned because the food was real, homemade and delicious!!! Yes, it can be crowded and have a long line, but it is so worth the wait. I've never had anything "meh" here. Even the hamburgers are out of this world. I suggest you get some of their amazing homemade cocktail sauce to dip your fries in. The hummus is to die for. The lentil soup is a bowl of comfort. The gyro meat is yummy and I also love the grilled chicken kabobs. All the seafood I've had has been delicious and the kids plates are very good, too. The desserts are delicious -- I could eat my weight in Melomakaronas alone. I'd rather eat here than most of the 5-star, >$100 per person restaurants in town. YUM, YUM, YUM!!!!

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank heyjudej
Austin, Texas
“Nice Meal at Niko Niko's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Had brunch here last weekend with my family and we were quite impressed with the quality of the food. Two of us had breakfast and two had lunch items and they were all delicious. Their pita bread is the best I have ever eaten. All the items were fresh tasting and plentiful. We were able to sit outside on their nice patio to enjoy the sunshine. The service was friendly and quick. We really enjoyed our meal and would go back next time we are in Houston. Definitely the place to go for a great Greek fix.

• Visited May 2014
Jesup, Georgia
“Do NOT pass up the chance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

You're cheating yourself if you miss a meal at this restaurant. Busy, but worth the crowds to get in and get some delicious Greek fare. It was simply one of those meals where it was sad to see it end. Helpings are abundant and the preparation is excellent. It is, without exaggeration, the best Greek restaurant I've ever visited. I will stop in (multiple times) on my next visit to Houston. Very well done

• Visited April 2014