“Disgusting Brunch Experience!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Farrago - CLOSED

Farrago
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Bagby
Transit: Yes
Description: Named the best brunch by H-Texas Magazine for 2011, Farrago is nestled in the bustling Midtown district. The restaurant prides itself in making everything possible from scratch. During the week, it lives up to its name (Farrago means a mixture of things) servicing the hip young professionals in Midtown with a cornucopia of items from all over the world (Posole, Vietnamese Salad, Cioppino, Sushi Tuna Appetizer with seawead salad, Jerked Chicken Wings, Pulled Pork Sandwich, freshly made Pizzas and even Fried Oysters with teardrop tomatoes, arugula and a wasabi cream sauce). It also has a lively happy hour with over 70 bottles of wine by the glass and appetizers for either $3, $5 or $7.
Houston, Texas
“Disgusting Brunch Experience!!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Extremely disappointing experience at Sunday Brunch. I organized and hosted a birthday Brunch for a friend that turned into a disaster. People waited over an hour for their food. Some left, some cancelled their orders. We heard that most of the kitchen staff quit last week. It was chaotic, and no one seemed to know what was going on. Several sent back the waffles because they were bitter tasting and sour. They charged me almost 50% gratuity by mistake when I paid which resulted in me having to go near the kitchen door to resolve. As I stood there by the kitchen door with a plain view of the kitchen, I was appalled at how filthy it was! It was a disgusting mess. People were going in & out without hair covered too. We spoke with the apparent manager although we were told it was his last day and he really didn't care. We then spoke with the owner who seemed aloof and uncaring. We had a large group and this was a horrible experience! Avoid this place until they get it together ~

• Visited September 2012

Surf Side, Texas
“I really wanted to like this place but. . . . . . . . .”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Restaurant week in Houston propels you to try as many diferent restaurants as you can. I tried this place--There was a speciic menu for HRW--each entree has it's own discription--we ordered according to those diescriptions. Imagine our surprise when pureed celery root was replaced by mashed potatoes. When we inormed the waiter he apologized and went to ask the chef why the replacement--the answer was--didn't think anyoneone would mind--sorry.
HRW is about tasting new things----for the price we wanted something a little newer than mashed potatoes.
The wait staff was only so-so and the venue is having mega construction going outside so walking up to it is dificult--all of this added to our disappointment.

• Visited August 2012
Houston, Texas
“Two words: Breakfast Brunch!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I went here to celebrate my friend's birthday brunch. They were getting me excited with tales of endless mimosas and a live DJ. Boy, were they right!

It was crowded, but that's a great thing! It should tell you something about the brunch! The atmosphere was amazing. The energy there was at an all time high.

There was a 45 minute wait for the food, but they compensated by keeping my mimosa glass filled. I was amazed at the staff being able to keep up with the large crowd.

The owners and head chef all greeted us and were very personable and eager to hear our opinions.

I've never been somewhere like this before and I'm so glad I woke up early to go. I definitely will be back!

• Visited August 2012
Houston, TX
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My husband and I ate here on a Saturday night. We were a little suprised with how few people were in the restaurant, but I guess 7pm is an early dinner when you're in midtown. We had a reservation, but definitely didn't need it. We loved what we ate: the Curried Hummus & Tabbouleh appetizer, Grilled Red Fish & Shrimp and Cioppino entrees, and would definitely recommend the cobbler for dessert -- it's like a cobbler mixed with pecan pie and ice cream on top -- YUM! Would like to come back on a cool night and sit outside on the patio!

• Visited July 2012
Humble, Texas, United States
“Unauthorized charge”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My first visit to this restaurant was on 7/1/12. The place was crowded and the wait was 30-45 minutes but I was in good company and not bothered by the crowd or the lengthy wait. I loved the Bottomless Mimosas and the DJ a lot. My issue is not with the service or the food but with management. I checked my bank statement on Monday and notice that I had been charged 3 separate charges instead of 2. I called the restaurant and spoke with the manager. She informed me that she was in the middle of a staff meeting and asked me to call back at 4p. She did not seem the least bit concerned that my account contained an unauthorized charge from her restaurant. Her reaction or lack there of prompted me to write this review. I must say that I will definitely visit this restaurant again and paying with CASH.

• Visited July 2012